Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

NEW 09 TACOMA OWNER WANTS BEST LIFT FOR USE.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
STORMY is on a distinguished road
Name: LEE
STORMY's Tacoma Gallery
NEW 09 TACOMA OWNER WANTS BEST LIFT FOR USE.

HEY EVERYBODY,

I AM A NEW TACOMA OWNER, I HAVE ENJOYED READING YOUR POSTS AND CANT SEEM TO FIND AN ANSWER FOR MY SITUATION, CAN YOU HELP?

I BOUGHT A 09 KING CAB TACOMA WITH A TRD PKG.(THIS IS A GREAT TRUCK), AND I WANT TO LIFT IT IN ORDER TO ACCOMADATE 285/75 16IN. TIRES. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF LIFT AND WHAT IS THE MINIMUM LIFT I SHOULD USE. I DON'T WANT TO LOOSE MY FACTORY RIDE OR CONTROL, BUT I ALSO DON'T NEED AN EXPENSIVE OFF-ROAD LIFT, AS I HAVE A JEEP FOR THE ROCK CRAWLING WEEKENDS. I JUST NEED SOMETHING THAT HAS QUALITY, WON'T BREAK MY WALLET, AND I CAN INSTALL MYSELF, CAN YOU HELP ON THE BEST LIFT FOR THIS SITUATION? THANKS
Old 04-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
OME lift or 5100's are very good. Search around see what ya see. There are plenty who have asked this question before.

Welcome to TW from TX.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OME kit with an AAL rear

And turn off the caps lock

Welcome to TW
Old 04-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get the TRD Sport or TRD Offroad ?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
STORMY's Tacoma Gallery
Trd off-road
Old 04-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMY View Post
Trd off-road
Congrats
Old 04-14-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
STORMY's Tacoma Gallery
ok, at the risk of sounding ignorant what does ome and aal rear mean?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
ok, at the risk of sounding ignorant what doe ome and aal rear mean?
OME = Old Man Emu
AAL = Add A Leaf
Old 04-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok, at the risk of sounding ignorant what does ome and aal rear mean?
Sorry ,

OME is Old Man Emu , a lift brand

AAL is add a leaf , where you add a leaf to your rear leaf pack to get lift
Old 04-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #10
STORMY's Tacoma Gallery
ok, I have found a few already, in toytec, and procomp. There are alot to choose from, any suggestions? How much should I spend?
Old 04-14-2011, 10:11 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok, I have found a few already, in toytec, and procomp. There are alot to choose from, any suggestions? How much should I spend?
Do you have a budget ?

You said you had another dedicated offroad rig , how far do you wanna go with this one ?

For about $1000 you could do the OME kit with an AAL and get new Upper Control Arms to be able to get a properly alignment .
Old 04-14-2011, 10:31 PM   #12
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
AAL = Add A Leaf (Rear leaf springs)
Try: www.trdparts4u.com It is Toyota of Dallas Texas and they have a great choice. When you go to their page, fill in the MAKE, MODEL, YEAR and select OFFROAD. Then click on Suspension Components or Suspension Kits
NOTE: when these other guys say OME (Old Man Emu) the rear leaf springs are OME/Dakar and also know that OME and Dakar are from Australia. These parts are sent from Australia to ARB in the state of Washington. Check: www.arbusa.com You can look around and will find other companies, but I would say OME / Dakar are some of the most trusted parts out there. I put OME / Dakar on my 2006 4x4 DBL CAB Longbed TRD Sport in 2007 (about 27,000 miles) and now I have 87,000 miles on my Tacoma. Good suspension! Since I had the ARB front bumper (200LBS + Winch 95LBS) I went with the OME886 front springs, but a stock Tacoma should only need OME884 Springs or if you have a bull bar on the front, use OME885 springs. Any questions, feel free to shoot me an email or skype me at: 814-535-1899
Photo of OME886 Spings on OME Front Strut:

Bilstien Vs OME:

Here is a photo of the stock Bilstien shock that broke while driving on a flat paved street: JUNK!!!

Photo of OME/Dakar Leaf springs Vs Stock springs with add a leaf:

OME/Dakar Leafs:

My Tacoma when I first lifted it:

And My Tacoma Now after 3 years of off-roading:

Old 04-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Valid points Rich .

I was suggesting he could just do an AAL rather than the Dakars if he doesn't haul and could save a couple hundred dollars .

We need a budget OP
Old 04-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #14
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:

TACOMA OME NitroCharger Sport Suspension Kit (OME-TACO-0511HD)

This kit is recommended for the heavy duty hauler or tow vehicle. Kit includes....
1 SET OME2886 FR COILS
2 90000 NitroCharger Sport front struts
2 N182 REAR SHOCKS
1 FK29 D/S SPACER
4 90389-A0003 TOYOTA BUSHES
4 OMEU53A UBOLTS
2 CS047R REAR LEAFS
AND
2 D29XL "ADD-A-LEAFS" Please call or email us to make sure this is what you need and want for your vehicle!
Picture may or may not reflect items being sold, this is a generic OME picture.

This part fits the following vehicles:
Toyota: Tacoma 2005 - 2011

List Price: $1,649.00
Our Price: $1,045.00
You Save: $604.00 (37%)

Product Reviews :
Write a review

Miscellaneous :
Email a Friend
Product Inquiry
Add to Favorites

Related Products :
Old 04-14-2011, 10:47 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The OP doesn't need the 886 set up unless he is getting an aftermarket bumper and winch

We need some more info OP
Old 04-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #16
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running OME 885x Springs and Bilstein 5100 Shocks with a Toytec 2" AAL...couldn't be happier with this setup...Congrats on your new truck bud!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I got the OME setup with the 885's and the Dakars for my DCLB .
Old 04-14-2011, 10:54 PM   #18
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I got the OME setup with the 885's and the Dakars for my DCLB .
I'm gonna order the Dakars here soon...the squeaking is kill me!!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I'm gonna order the Dakars here soon...the squeaking is kill me!!!!
I've heard the Dakars become sqeaky too .
Old 04-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #20
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I'm running OME 885x Springs and Bilstein 5100 Shocks with a Toytec 2" AAL...couldn't be happier with this setup...Congrats on your new truck bud!
Only problem I have with that is the AAL's. Here was my Right side (Passenger side) Rear Leaf with AAL after 1 year:

NOTE THE BROKEN TOP SPRING!