Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Built Right UCA squaking help!!!

Old 04-16-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
jerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to behold
jerysan's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jerysan
Built Right UCA squaking help!!!

I've had the suspension for a while now with no problems. Done moderate off roading. Now, my uca's are squeaking like hell. I have pressure washed them and sprayed the Dupont dry wax on the uni-ball. I also greased the bushings with Mobil 1 synthetic grease. It's a constant squeak and doesn't go away. Any input would help.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
jerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to behold
jerysan's Tacoma Gallery
It does it when turning, which is the uni-ball. Been spraying with the teflon spray and it doesn't go away. What concerns me more is that it does it when the wheels are straight and going over bumps, that's why i greased the bushings.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerysan View Post
It does it when turning, which is the uni-ball. Been spraying with the teflon spray and it doesn't go away. What concerns me more is that it does it when the wheels are straight and going over bumps, that's why i greased the bushings.
Strange the Teflon works for me. I've had the UCAs for over a year now and have 0 problems. Maybe bring it to the shop to see what it might be.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
jerysan's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, talked to the shop last week. They said to loosen the washers for the bushings to get grease in there. Did that and greased thru the zerks. I tried calling today, but I couldn't get anybody and left a message but no reply.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #7
jerysan's Tacoma Gallery
Update:
I kept spraying the Dupont dry wax and slowly but surely, the squeak went away.