LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5125vs.5150

Old 04-17-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
5125vs.5150

So I'm about half way saved up for the allpro expo kit and I need some opinions. For 40 bucks more I can upgrade to the 5150s. Seems like a good deal but is it really worth it? They're both valved the same, will I really need the remote resi of the 5150? Thanks for the opinions guys
Old 04-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 04-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Depends: how do you use your truck?
Old 04-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not a whole lot of wheeling it is my dd but I do get out some. Lots of towing in the summer but besides that the beds probably just going to have a tool box in the back the rest of the year. Looking for a good ride and flex.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
Cannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Cannonball's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't done any wheeling since I put on AAL & 5150s and I have never had anything but stock TRD....but I will say they feel really good compared to stock. FYI, i had to notch out the upper shock mount with an angle grinder on the pass side to make room for the piggy-back.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say no on the resi. Sounds like you won't ever run your truck hard enough to actually need them/ feel a difference vs non resi.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
I'd say no on the resi. Sounds like you won't ever run your truck hard enough to actually need them/ feel a difference vs non resi.
That's what I was thinking but that's only $20 more per shock so if tere was any benefit it might be the best time to get them, but for now I think I'll go with the 5125 and maybe upgrade later if I feel I need it
Old 04-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #8
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
5125's
Old 04-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #9
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Ive heard of the 5125's getting so hot you can't even touch them after driving down fire roads at 30mph. I would just spend the 20 extra bucks for the added cooling of the resi. if it's over kill then who cares at least you won't be getting them as hot wearing them out sooner.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #10
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Ive heard of the 5125's getting so hot you can't even touch them after driving down fire roads at 30mph. I would just spend the 20 extra bucks for the added cooling of the resi
really? Good to know. Looks like Ill fork out another 40 and get the 5150's
Old 04-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #11
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
really? Good to know. Looks like Ill fork out another 40 and get the 5150's

Yeah that's what Ive heard I tested mine on a wash board fire road for about 10 miles and my shocks were hot but not where I couldn't touch them. I'm happy with the 5150's and for 40 bucks more it's well worth it. If they were 100 or 200 bucks more then maybe not but 40 bucks why the hell not.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Ive heard of the 5125's getting so hot you can't even touch them after driving down fire roads at 30mph. I would just spend the 20 extra bucks for the added cooling of the resi. if it's over kill then who cares at least you won't be getting them as hot wearing them out sooner.
Hmmm chris4x4 did say the 5100s reached 180* after strenuous use and all the 5125s are are longer versions of that shock...may have to go resi then.

I just had a job interview yesterday that went well and ordered business cards for a lawn care/mulching/hauling business I'm starting this summer so I'll have money to get the extra things that really could make a difference. I think I've made my mind up...for now
Old 04-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #13
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
Hmmm chris4x4 did say the 5100s reached 180* after strenuous use and all the 5125s are are longer versions of that shock...may have to go resi then.

I just had a job interview yesterday that went well and ordered business cards for a lawn care/mulching/hauling business I'm starting this summer so I'll have money to get the extra things that really could make a difference. I think I've made my mind up...for now

Yeah I did read that maybe that was too hot for the guy who told me that it was too hot to touch . I don't know I say go for the 5150's it's only 40 bucks and they will run cooler I don't know how much be they will run cooler.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Yeah I did read that maybe that was too hot for the guy who told me that it was too hot to touch . I don't know I say go for the 5150's it's only 40 bucks and they will run cooler I don't know how much be they will run cooler.
Thanks man. I want to do the rear end right this time and I will be able to afford it soon so I'm not sweating it. I'm still concerned about the shackle issue but it's whatever right now. I need to save up a couple hundred more dollars and then I'll figure it out.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #15
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Okay so I'm going wheelin next weekend it's going to be up in the snow so i don't think we can get them as hot as possible. I have a infrared thermometer that i will take heat reading from the shock tube of my 5150's and someones 5125's to see if there is much of a heat difference.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Okay so I'm going wheelin next weekend it's going to be up in the snow so i don't think we can get them as hot as possible. I have a infrared thermometer that i will take heat reading from the shock tube of my 5150's and someones 5125's to see if there is much of a heat difference.
What I do is get a thermo reading of the frame of the truck, then the shock. Beat on tehm for a few miles, then stop, and imediately jump out and get a temp. I take 3 to get an average. If you wait even 30 seconds, they start to cool down.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #17
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
What I do is get a thermo reading of the frame of the truck, then the shock. Beat on tehm for a few miles, then stop, and imediately jump out and get a temp. I take 3 to get an average. If you wait even 30 seconds, they start to cool down.

Cool thanks for the info I'll try and do few sets of 3 readings to see where were at temp wise but I don't thing they will get too hot being in the snow and all.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #18
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cool thanks for the info I'll try and do few sets of 3 readings to see where were at temp wise but I don't thing they will get too hot being in the snow and all.
LOL!! I conducted all of my tests, except teh last one one the 2.5 resis, at an ambient temp of 100*.