Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What size AAL to achieve stock rake?

Old 04-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
What size AAL to achieve stock rake?

I'm hoping the good and knowledgeable people of TacomaWorld can help me out. So I do not qualify for the rear TSB and will be using the Eibachs w/ 5100's set at 0. In theory, that would be a 1.6" lift in the front. In order to get a slight rake, what size leaf would be best: 1", 1.5", 1.75", 2"?
Old 04-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpak View Post
I'm hoping the good and knowledgeable people of TacomaWorld can help me out. So I do not qualify for the rear TSB and will be using the Eibachs w/ 5100's set at 0. In theory, that would be a 1.6" lift in the front. In order to get a slight rake, what size leaf would be best: 1", 1.5", 1.75", 2"?
1.5" will be just under the factory rake, while the 2" will be slightly over. Flip a coin.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the quick reply. So my follow up question is there a 2" aal and who sells it? Or do I need to get two 1" aal's?
Old 04-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
thanks!
Old 04-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #6
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have the Eibachs, but my 5100s w/ stock coils at 1.75 with a 1.5" 3 leaf progressive AAL from Wheelers gives a fairly close to stock rake IMO.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:47 AM   #7
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
tencrawler & Oswego - thanks for the pics.

tencrawler - did you have the rear TSB done?
Old 04-19-2011, 06:02 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You could do what Oswego did and keep the overload leaf in for an extra 1/2". The 3-leaf AAL is a slightly more involved installation though, you have to cut off the stock leaf pack wraps and grind off the rivits.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #9
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpak View Post
tencrawler & Oswego - thanks for the pics.

tencrawler - did you have the rear TSB done?
Sorry for the slow response. I do not have the TSB complete. Next lift will be OME or Eibachs over 5100s, UCAs, and A Whole new rear leaf pack. I'm very happy with the handling and ride that the 5100s and AAL gave me.