LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1" AAL

Old 04-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #1
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
1" AAL

Does anyone make one? I'd like to lift the back of my truck 1" using an AAL and no blocks.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
ninja90177 will become famous soon enoughninja90177 will become famous soon enough

Army: 11B -> 88L
Name: Kenney
ninja90177's Tacoma Gallery
I have Wheeler's AALs on the back of my truck. Billed as 1 1/2", but after about a month (DDing and some off-roading), they've settled a little and came down about 1/2".

Something to think about. Also, I don't haul anything and almost never any weight in the back.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja90177 View Post
I have Wheeler's AALs on the back of my truck. Billed as 1 1/2", but after about a month (DDing and some off-roading), they've settled a little and came down about 1/2".

Something to think about. Also, I don't haul anything and almost never any weight in the back.
Thats' good to know, I've been looking for a 1" AAL. Can anyone else confirm that their wheelers AAL settled to 1" as well?
Old 04-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
ninja90177 will become famous soon enoughninja90177 will become famous soon enough

Mine will be up for sale pretty cheap as soon as my new leaf stacks get here. Maybe a week and a half or so.

Should I list them as 1" AALs ?
Old 04-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #5
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Thats' good to know, I've been looking for a 1" AAL. Can anyone else confirm that their wheelers AAL settled to 1" as well?
I've had my Wheelers 1.5" on for about 6k miles and I don't think it's settled at all. My stock leaf pack hasn't realy sagged since the truck was new either, that could be a contrubuter; if your stock springs are 'sagged' the AAL might settle down to 1-1.25".

Eventually it will settle '0' if given enough time, but don't plan on it just losing 0.5" after a couple of weeks or anything.

I regularly carry a load, but don' max out my capacity or anything. 0-500lbs at any given time. I don't think I've gone any heavier than that since adding the AAL...
Old 04-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
I've had my Wheelers 1.5" on for about 6k miles and I don't think it's settled at all. My stock leaf pack hasn't realy sagged since the truck was new either, that could be a contrubuter; if your stock springs are 'sagged' the AAL might settle down to 1-1.25".

Eventually it will settle '0' if given enough time, but don't plan on it just losing 0.5" after a couple of weeks or anything.

I regularly carry a load, but don' max out my capacity or anything. 0-500lbs at any given time. I don't think I've gone any heavier than that since adding the AAL...
Ahh, crap. Good point!

NOTE: I put 29,700 miles on my truck since new (1 year, 2 months to date) and the AALs have been on there for about 19k miles of that journey. I guess I shoulda specified that after "that month" I had put a ridiculous amount of miles on my truck, including moving a bunch of crap in small loads. It was maybe a few weeks after wards I'd actually remeasured the rear end height. No towing, and very little load in the bed (mountain bikes, camping/fishing gear for 8, etc.) Maybe 140lbs at any given time, tops, but not for more than a few hours.

I do a considerable amount of off-roading as well, including plenty of articulation from both sides of the rear. Rapid exhaustion of the AAls? I think they've more than done their job, and applaud them. I'd definitely buy 'em again if I wasn't buying full springs. Not that there's anything wrong with 'em now.

They're not made to last forever, and they're VERY cheap, all things considered. If anyone's dead-set on 1" in a hurry, not sure what to tell ya.

Kenny
Old 04-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #7
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna keep doing a little research and see what else I can find.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:19 PM   #8
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna keep doing a little research and see what else I can find.
There's no guessing with a 1" block... IMO a 1" block is stout enough to not have to worry about any failure. Plus the ride characteristics in the rear wil be unchanged.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:05 AM   #9
Wannabe crawler

I disagree with that. I had awful axle wrap with one before I had the rear spring TSB done and I could use the extra weight carrying from an AAL.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #10
Wannabe crawler

Lets give this another go!
Old 10-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #11

Hey man, still running my Wheeler's AAL and sitting at just over 42k miles. They haven't dropped anymore after the initial settling.

At this point, I haven't had the time to swap in my new leaf stacks, but when I do, if you haven't already found a solution, i'll just send 'em to ya for the cost of shipping. I keep hoping it's soon, but alot of my free time is spent wheelin' my truck.

I must've been out about 30 times and beat the hell out of my truck, and they've held up well with no more droop.

FWIW, last weekend's trip . . . still flexin' well:

Old 02-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #12
Wannabe crawler

Hows about one more try at bumpage?...
Old 02-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #13
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
No one sells a 1" AAL.

They are all advertised at 1.5".

I just bought and installed a 1.5" over the weekend. I just did fresh research.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #14
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
what if you used one of the 3 leaf 1.5" kits and removed one of the leaves?????????