Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

885 Spring question/confusion

Old 04-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
885 Spring question/confusion

I have heard many times on this forum that the 885 springs arent good with the billy 5100 setup and will cause serious damage, yet have heard/seen that this setup rides like a dream. I'm trying to compare the 885 spring to the eibach spring, but leaning more towards the 885 for my 2gen DC LB for my 3" lift. Will someone clear this up for me? I'm just confused, seems half the forum population likes the 885/billy setup, and the other half doesnt...
Old 04-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbyte View Post
I have heard many times on this forum that the 885 springs arent good with the billy 5100 setup and will cause serious damage, yet have heard/seen that this setup rides like a dream. I'm trying to compare the 885 spring to the eibach spring, but leaning more towards the 885 for my 2gen DC LB for my 3" lift. Will someone clear this up for me? I'm just confused, seems half the forum population likes the 885/billy setup, and the other half doesnt...
The 885 / billy combination is fine , but the billies need to be set at 0 .

You cannot set them at .85 , 1.75 , or 2.5 .
Old 04-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Big topic covered by Mr. chris4x4 previously. See:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ring-info.html
ahhh yes, thank you, thats the info i needed.

-Erik