Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Look at my CV angles! :(

Old 04-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #21
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, you paid $29 for your OME CB drop? I got mine from Fat Bobs for $12.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #22
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
Oh , I was just guessing , I couldn't really remember , mine was included with my kit .
Old 04-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #23
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
I got mine from Home Depot: $2 worth of washers.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #24
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
I got mine from Home Depot: $2 worth of washers.
Yes , it is just a glorified block of metal .
Old 04-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #25
JC47 is on a distinguished road
JC47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You guys should try the OME CB drop kit , it's like $29 and takes 5 minutes to put on , worth a try for cheap .

I just installed 885's , Nitrochargers , N182's and Dakars .

The FK29 ( OME CB kit ) came with my components , we put it on and I have no vibes .
Do you have pics of your new lift?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #26

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC47 View Post
Do you have pics of your new lift?
Old 04-21-2011, 04:23 AM   #27
empitec01 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bill
empitec01's Tacoma Gallery
Driver Side Axle Looks to be Aftermarket, while Passenger Side appears to still be the OE. Look closely at the Inboard Joint on the aftermarket Axle, on some aftermarket axles the center shaft will actually strike the raised areas between the Tripod Tracks on the inner housing when put into a little steeper angle than stock, whereas the OEM inboard joint will not be affected by these sligh angle changes.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #28
JC47 is on a distinguished road
JC47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks great, hopefully I'll have mine in by the end of summer!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #29
DocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1st 145th FA
Name: David
DocCisco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That lift looks good. Do you have a thread that has what you did?

Thinking my stock leafs are done and now debating on the whole new lift system.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #30
skybob has a spectacular aura aboutskybob has a spectacular aura about
skybob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where these pictures taken at the same time on a flat surface ?
Yes.

I had the one axle repaced when I bought the truck, the boot was torn and the axle was bad. This didn't change anything with vibration, the vibration came with the lift. It's still at the shop, they are swamped and so I'm just playing the waiting game!
Old 04-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #31
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #32
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
Those angles look good IMHO.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #33

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skybob View Post
Yes.

I had the one axle repaced when I bought the truck, the boot was torn and the axle was bad. This didn't change anything with vibration, the vibration came with the lift. It's still at the shop, they are swamped and so I'm just playing the waiting game!
If both those pics were taken on flat ground why is one LCA level and the other cocked downhill a couple inches ?

That's what I was wondering .
Old 04-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #34
skybob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETaco23 View Post
Your CV's look fine to me. They look like mine.

But your vibe/noise your experiecing is more then likely the front diff outer needle bearing. Like many Tacoma's, including mine, they needed to be changed, bc they were bad.
Try putting your truck in 4x4 while driving to see if the noise and vibe goes away. If it does then its def. your needle bearing.

As for the rear, just do the CB drop and maybe some shims....
Hope that helps ya out.....
THIS... The shop said everything in the front end is tight, the angles all looked fine, the carrier bearing is no longer vibrating but I still have the noise. I checked to see if it goes away in 4x4 and it does. I guess I'll try getting these fixed. the control arms look offset from the camera angle I think, I looked under it today and can't see anything with my eye that makes ones sit differently than the other and it's parked in the same spot at my work.

It does sound like a bearing type noise, and it seems to be getting worst, or it's just bothering me more. Hope it's the needle bearing
Old 04-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #35
905Taco is on a distinguished road
905Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Vibration

I have the same issue, just purchased my 07 DBL cab. Put in a fabtech 3" lift. same vibration but at 60 KMH. thouht it was tires so i rotated them. While they were off I spun the rotor and saw that the drive axel was spinning off its axis which would explain the vibration. 4wd takes it away as well. I am thinking bearing but cant explaing the offset driveshaft, shouldnt happen with the CV's. and why does 4wd take it away.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #36
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETaco23 View Post
Your CV's look fine to me. They look like mine.

But your vibe/noise your experiecing is more then likely the front diff outer needle bearing. Like many Tacoma's, including mine, they needed to be changed, bc they were bad.
Try putting your truck in 4x4 while driving to see if the noise and vibe goes away. If it does then its def. your needle bearing.
I'm betting this is the problem too! I have this problem as well
Old 04-22-2011, 10:13 PM   #38
905Taco is on a distinguished road
905Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Balanced tires

I did this but that wouldn't explain the relief under 4wd. Will look at needle bearings! Any special tools needed?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #39

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 905Taco View Post
I did this but that wouldn't explain the relief under 4wd. Will look at needle bearings! Any special tools needed?
Hey man , where on Van Island are you ?

Old 04-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #40
skybob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 905Taco View Post
Let me know what you find! I'm pretty sure that's my problem as well.