Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Look at my CV angles! :(

Old 04-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
skybob has a spectacular aura aboutskybob has a spectacular aura about
skybob's Tacoma Gallery
Look at my CV angles! :(

I put in an OME spring, 3/4 spacer, and a rear aal. I also installed the 1" drop bracket from toytec for the differental. The truck in question is an 2005 acc cab 4x4 trd off road

I have a vibration that is just annoying the hell out of me. It is more noticable at slow speeds, coming from the front end. I also have the carrier bearing vibration, and I'll address that later, this new one is from the front end. It is making me frustrated and I don't dare buy wheels/tires until I get it fixed. Any ideas? Could it be the cv angles? shocks? ??? It's pretty bad, it almost feels like something is binding up.

Here are the cv angles... I don't know what is good/bad/ and what not.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not super experienced but those dont look bad at all. Keep checking in...there will be lots of people chiming in on this to help you out.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure about the vibration, but I think those CVs are actually fine. My guess is something else is cuasing the vib. I'm sure someone else can better answer your question though. bbbbbump!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
It's not your CV angles for sure.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #5
skybob's Tacoma Gallery
Any other ideas on this vibration? Should I pull the spacer and see if that helps?
Old 04-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
Banned
1700OW is on a distinguished road
1700OW's Tacoma Gallery
driveshaft shake? add some shims under your leaf pack....
Old 04-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
yeah that angle looks fine to me. though here's a bump so some more people will see it.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
¡Yo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
sub/bump
Old 04-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #9
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Looks fine to me. You probably need to experiment with axle shims and/or a carrier bearing drop in the rear. That's probably where your vibes are coming from.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #10
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe some ucas? I think some people have fixed vibes with ucas but I wouldn't just start throwing parts at it. Take care ofthe carrier bearing first and see if that vibe hasn't traveled down your frame to the front end.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #11
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sure the vibes are coming from the front end? I would guess the vibes are from the driveshaft from installing an AAL. Get a carrier bearing drop kit, if that doesn't fix it try shims. Lose the diff drop.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:16 AM   #13
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
CV angle looks better than mine and I dont have any vibes.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #14
skybob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
If it was my truck, I would be more concerned with all that rust on your struts and the lower strut bolt.
The camera makes it look a lot worst than it is. Thanks for looking out for my rusty Toyota

I dropped it off at a reputable shop to have them replace the carrier bearing, and do the carrier drop, so that's eliminated out the equation. I am hoping they can fix it. I don't have the time to mess with it anymore.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #15
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
My truck was shaking bad and i found out it was a u joint. I replaced it a couple days ago and it runs like new. I dought its the spacer/drop kit, because i have the same set up and no problems at all.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #16
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
I would look into a beefed cb drop, seems like something you could benefit from.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #17
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skybob View Post
I put in an OME spring, 3/4 spacer, and a rear aal. I also installed the 1" drop bracket from toytec for the differental. The truck in question is an 2005 acc cab 4x4 trd off road

I have a vibration that is just annoying the hell out of me. It is more noticable at slow speeds, coming from the front end. I also have the carrier bearing vibration, and I'll address that later, this new one is from the front end. It is making me frustrated and I don't dare buy wheels/tires until I get it fixed. Any ideas? Could it be the cv angles? shocks? ??? It's pretty bad, it almost feels like something is binding up.

Here are the cv angles... I don't know what is good/bad/ and what not.

Where these pictures taken at the same time on a flat surface ?
Old 04-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #18
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Having Vibe issues myself. Only getting it between 15 and 25 mph. Toyota replaced the front diff and cv's for the front end growl and that seems fine. I didn't notice the vibe till after the replacement, but that doesn't mean it wasn't already there. I have been considering the carrier bearing drop or the shims to see if that works. I have noticed when I jacked the rear up and put it in gear that the metal plate holding the carrier bearing to the frame flexes alot, and that the shaft as it comes out the CB has some vibration. I would like to hear what your outcome is before I try this. So I'll check in, then when I get it fixed I'll post as well. Good luck.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #19
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Your CV's look fine to me. They look like mine.

But your vibe/noise your experiecing is more then likely the front diff outer needle bearing. Like many Tacoma's, including mine, they needed to be changed, bc they were bad.
Try putting your truck in 4x4 while driving to see if the noise and vibe goes away. If it does then its def. your needle bearing.

As for the rear, just do the CB drop and maybe some shims....
Hope that helps ya out.....
Old 04-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #20
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You guys should try the OME CB drop kit , it's like $29 and takes 5 minutes to put on , worth a try for cheap .

I just installed 885's , Nitrochargers , N182's and Dakars .

The FK29 ( OME CB kit ) came with my components , we put it on and I have no vibes .