Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Cheapest way to lift 04 2wd?

Old 04-21-2011, 06:05 AM   #1
matt 300 is on a distinguished road
Name: matt
matt 300's Tacoma Gallery
Cheapest way to lift 04 2wd?

Hi everyone, i recently inheritated a 04 auto 2wd single cab tacoma, as my fuel efficent driver. I was wonderign what is the cheapest way to lift it, maybe 3ins? I just put toyo a/t 225s on it, a big stepup from the orginal 195s i think. I didnt want to put a larger tire than that seeing it only has a 2.4 automatic. thanks for any help!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:06 AM   #2
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Spacers or billy 5100s
Old 04-21-2011, 06:22 AM   #3
Master Toyota Certified Technician
red yoda is a splendid one to beholdred yoda is a splendid one to beholdred yoda is a splendid one to beholdred yoda is a splendid one to beholdred yoda is a splendid one to beholdred yoda is a splendid one to beholdred yoda is a splendid one to behold

Name: brandon
red yoda's Tacoma Gallery
spacer are the cheapest. you can get a daystar set for around 200. i got the rough counrty kit for 320 cause it came with new rear shocks. heres a pis of mine. im also rolling on 235/85R16 goodyear duratracs. there 32"inches tall so they give ya extra height and the dont rub.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:03 AM   #4
Mmm I was looking at that lift from rough country, is it loner coil overs in the front? I was also looking at spacers butthen I would need a addaleaf in the rear correct? And red yoda were did u get that lift bar
Old 04-22-2011, 05:02 AM   #5
Master Toyota Certified Technician
red yoda is a splendid one to beholdred yoda is a splendid one to beholdred yoda is a splendid one to beholdred yoda is a splendid one to beholdred yoda is a splendid one to beholdred yoda is a splendid one to beholdred yoda is a splendid one to behold

Name: brandon
red yoda's Tacoma Gallery
the rough country is a spacer the bolt to the top pf the coil and a lift shekel in the rear. its was real easy to do. and i made the light bar out of 1" square tubing and some brackets i found at a hardware store
Old 04-22-2011, 05:21 AM   #6
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
I love these fresh new threads. Can't wait to see what you come up with? Please post pics.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SJA-TTC30STK/
anybody use this lift?
Old 04-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
That would be better than using a spacer for sure. Looks like a decent entry level lift.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #9
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
No no no you're all wrong

He's got a 5 lug (like me )

None of the previously mentioned lifts will work. Nobody makes lifts for 5 lugs really because who would buy a 5 lug to lift it? (Me and you both would, damnit!) I couldn't find any spacers that would fit our trucks when I was looking at mine so I went with spindles in the front and shackles in the rear. It gave me about 3" and I went up from 205 to 235/75/r15 tires. There's a link to my build in my signature if you want to learn more.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:49 AM   #10
Your telling methere are prettymuch no. Lifts for my truck. What is a spindel? Were did u get the spindell and willa add aleaf workinstead
Old 04-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #11
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
No no no you're all wrong

He's got a 5 lug (like me )

None of the previously mentioned lifts will work. Nobody makes lifts for 5 lugs really because who would buy a 5 lug to lift it? (Me and you both would, damnit!) I couldn't find any spacers that would fit our trucks when I was looking at mine so I went with spindles in the front and shackles in the rear. It gave me about 3" and I went up from 205 to 235/75/r15 tires. There's a link to my build in my signature if you want to learn more.
I was thinking the samething as I read the OP.....
Old 04-25-2011, 11:33 AM   #12
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Ask Bergman, he has a lifted prerunner, if I remember correctly.