Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

4" lift CB drop?

Old 04-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
4" lift CB drop?

hey guys i ordered a CB drop from beefed tacos and he is working on building mine. i got a question am i safe to put these expedition leafs on my truck with the minimal CB drop that i have now? 3/8" drop is on it now
Old 04-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Humm i don't know i got a lot of lift with mine on my 02 but i think you guys are getting just as much. I would wait you don't want to fuck up the drive line.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Humm i don't know i got a lot of lift with mine on my 02 but i think you guys are getting just as much. I would wait you don't want to fuck up the drive line.
true he said it should be shipped out tommorow so i will postpone my installing day until i recieve this. we are getting 4" i believe on the unloaded beds
Old 04-22-2011, 07:54 AM   #7
SanMarcosTacoma will become famous soon enough
Name: Eric
SanMarcosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have the toytec cb drop on with the expo leafs and have zero vibrations. The driveline looks pretty straight too, i am a long bed though. The expo's only gave me 3" so i had to add a 1" block to get the 4" i needed.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running Expo Leafs with no CB drop or anything (shims etc) no vibrations or anything (Had them with my previous 2" AA), seems fine to me! About 1500 miles on the leafs now!

Edit: I also only gained about an 1" of lift from my previous lift 2" AAL
Old 04-22-2011, 08:24 AM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
that's kinda bullshit that they claim 4" of lift unloaded and people are only getting 3".
Old 04-22-2011, 08:37 AM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
If I don't get what they claim they will get a call
i was thinking about upgrading from their standard 3" leafs to these, but now i dunno.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:53 AM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
I will let you know how much lift I get
sounds good...i'll still have to contend w/ the ATO hi clearance w/ tire carrier and tire, plus a tool box filled and a hi lift in it. should bring it down a tad more than what you end up with.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:24 PM   #17
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea, I don't have any exact measure measurement, but if someone can send them my way I can measure and let you know for sure what's going on with it!

And I don't know, I've got a take off shudder well kinda, depends how slow I'm going/taking off, usually don't notice it and only in 2WD, in 4WD (High & Low) it's gone!
Old 04-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #19
Max's Canadian Twin

Oh right on, I might get one eventually, couldn't hurt!