Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Coilover Spring length?

Old 04-22-2011, 07:40 AM   #1
&erson will become famous soon enough&erson will become famous soon enough
&erson's Tacoma Gallery
Coilover Spring length?

Are coilovers available w/ longer spring sets?
I noticed several replacement spring sets (OME & Eibach for example) come as a lifted/longer spring.
However, many people on here have to crank down on their coilovers to get a desired lift. Doesn't cranking down on them stiffen the ride?
Wouldn't it be a better ride if the coilover was out of the box w/ a longer spring for like a 2" lift? vs cranking/compressing a shorter spring to 2"
There's probably some simple answer I am overlooking, pardon my ignorance.

I am doing preliminary searching for ~2" lift w/ best ride possible.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:46 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
A couple ways to achieve lift are to get a higher spring rate, or longer spring. Both have the same affect of lifting, to a degree. A lower spring rate, but longer spring requires more pre load to achieve the lift, where as a shorter spring, but higher rate doesnt.