Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

choosing a lift kit.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
tommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Joe
tommelleo22's Tacoma Gallery
choosing a lift kit.

can't decide on a lift kit for the life of me. so many options and combinations. however i'm lookin to do it right but not drop a ton on it. currently right now im just running some 2" ebay spacers that i got for 40 bucks so my truck sat level for the time being now i'm finally going to do what i had planned and buy a nice 3 inch but can't decide. would like to go billys like everyone else but don't know how to get the 3" out of them other than top spacers and don't know but could you run ome coils? and for the rear i hear mixed opinions on blocks and AAL other than those 2 options i have found skyjacker and pro comp lifts for dirt but other than 1 guy on here running the pro comp who likes it i have no opinions on those 2 for our trucks. just looking for some help thanks guys
Old 04-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
krumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jon
krumble's Tacoma Gallery
I ran the procomp lift. I liked it but it was stiff as hell. The 5100 shocks are adjustable so you can get the 3in of lift. IMO the 5100 would be better. Its a bit pricier but the ride quality is like night and day. Also go with AAL, blocks are crap and I heard they are bad for your leafs.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard you can run 5100s with OME springs (heard it from Chris4x4 IIRC). The springs that are supposed to work with them are the Eibach springs. For the rear you will need new shocks, 5100s would work. Also an AAL is the rear best lift option besides a new leaf pack. If your stock leaf pack isn't worn out then an AAL will be fine. Blocks are shit.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgreentaco View Post
You need to ask TW's Senior Geologist.
Agreed , Keith the Gynocologist will know .
Old 04-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
You don't win friends with salad.
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Agreed , Keith the Gynocologist will know .

I posted that thing about asking KPT in another thread, and it appeared in this one...the hell??
Old 04-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgreentaco View Post
I posted that thing about asking KPT in another thread, and it appeared in this one...the hell??