Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

aal question?????????

Old 04-22-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: steven
stevenstaco's Tacoma Gallery
aal question?????????

Ok so I installed the 5100s up front at 1.75 and my rear is still 5/8 higher (no tsb) so what size aal do I need to get the full 3 inches after the front 1/4 top plates and the fronts set to 2.5? ive found a 1.5 ,1.75 and a 2 inch any suggestions? thanks.............and yes I will be doing the front diff drop
Old 04-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenstaco View Post
Ok so I installed the 5100s up front at 1.75 and my rear is still 5/8 higher (no tsb) so what size aal do I need to get the full 3 inches after the front 1/4 top plates and the fronts set to 2.5? ive found a 1.5 ,1.75 and a 2 inch any suggestions? thanks.............and yes I will be doing the front diff drop
Hmm when I had my fronts at 1.75" and stock rear I was nose-high but I suppose every truck is a little different....

Most people go with the 1.5" AAL if they want to be perfectly level with the billys at 2.5". So I'd say a 2" AAL will get you there with the billys+the top plate up front.

Diff drops are fairly useless on 2nd gens (they help a lot of 1st gens though)
Old 04-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Hmm when I had my fronts at 1.75" and stock rear I was nose-high but I suppose every truck is a little different....

Most people go with the 1.5" AAL if they want to be perfectly level with the billys at 2.5". So I'd say a 2" AAL will get you there with the billys+the top plate up front.

Diff drops are fairly useless on 2nd gens (they help a lot of 1st gens though)
yeah thats why I ask becaise everyone I talked to said at 1.75 they were nose high with the tsb ....This is the first ive heard about the diff drops not being useful on 2nd gens. so I guess ill do the 2inch ...thanks keith
Old 04-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenstaco View Post
yeah thats why I ask becaise everyone I talked to said at 1.75 they were nose high with the tsb ....This is the first ive heard about the diff drops not being useful on 2nd gens. so I guess ill do the 2inch ...thanks keith
Yeah on the 2nd gens the diff drops don't actually "drop" the diff, they just rotate it. Someone did the math on autocad and showed that the diff drops for 2nd gens only change the CV angles by 1 degree.

Also from looking at the pic, you look pretty level to me. Keep in mind that the rear wheel well is actually larger than the front.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
B A N N E D

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Yeah on the 2nd gens the diff drops don't actually "drop" the diff, they just rotate it. Someone did the math on autocad and showed that the diff drops for 2nd gens only change the CV angles by 1 degree.

Also from looking at the pic, you look pretty level to me. Keep in mind that the rear wheel well is actually larger than the front.
so any solutions? if I go the full 3 inches just ride with bad angles on my cv boots