LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon 2.5in coilovers are they any good?

Old 04-23-2011, 07:27 AM   #1
Country is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lance Criminal, STA Plt.
Name: Country
Country's Tacoma Gallery
Icon 2.5in coilovers are they any good?

I keep getting everyone telling me that certain company's are on the low end, but yet there prices are almost if not the same as eveyother company. So my question is are Icon coilovers good? I am looking at getting the set of coilovers that are designed for a Pro Comp 6in Lift so I can get away from my spacers's, and since there is limited company's out there that offer this I need to know what you guys think of there products. Thanks fella's
Old 04-23-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I believe icon makes a coil over spec to that lift as a replacement. And yes they are on of the best brands out there
Old 04-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
just got my icons on last weekend and i love them
Old 04-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #4
Country is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Country's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07trd4x4 View Post
I believe icon makes a coil over spec to that lift as a replacement. And yes they are on of the best brands out there
Ya Icon does make a coilover specifically for the the pro comp 6in lift thereby eliminatiing my spacers. I am just trying to figure out which company to buy from, either downsouthmotorsports or Metal tech. Down south is charging to have the shocks made for a 6in application while metal tech is not, and both companys have free shipping. So now i gotta wait till monday till I can hear anything back from the 2.

Thanks for you help dude
Old 04-23-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
wtmtntaco is on a distinguished road

wtmtntaco's Tacoma Gallery
I had Icon's 2.5 coilovers and they offered the best ride and handling that I ever had in my truck. I only got rid of them because the salt they use on the roads up here destroyed the seals and I would have and did have to keep getting them rebuilt. But I think they were awesome
Old 04-23-2011, 08:25 AM   #6
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Icons make a CO just for your lift and Im running Icon's and they are freakin great!!! Icon themselves hooked me up with my Coils and the customer service was great.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #7

Country's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
Icons make a CO just for your lift and Im running Icon's and they are freakin great!!! Icon themselves hooked me up with my Coils and the customer service was great.
Did ur CO's come with the spanner wrench?
Old 04-23-2011, 08:33 AM   #8
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country View Post
Ya Icon does make a coilover specifically for the the pro comp 6in lift thereby eliminatiing my spacers. I am just trying to figure out which company to buy from, either downsouthmotorsports or Metal tech. Down south is charging to have the shocks made for a 6in application while metal tech is not, and both companys have free shipping. So now i gotta wait till monday till I can hear anything back from the 2.

Thanks for you help dude
Go with DSM, you will no be disappointed with their service.

And Icon's are easily on of the best CO companies you can buy.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #9
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did ur CO's come with the spanner wrench?
Yes they did, taped to the inside top of the box.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:46 AM   #10

Country's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippin101 View Post
Go with DSM, you will no be disappointed with their service.

And Icon's are easily on of the best CO companies you can buy.
I just dont understand why DS is charging for the lifted application when Metal tech is not. I would like to save money if possible, and I would assume both company would be reputable being that tacoma world has allowed them to be vendors here
Old 04-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #11
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just dont understand why DS is charging for the lifted application when Metal tech is not. I would like to save money if possible, and I would assume both company would be reputable being that tacoma world has allowed them to be vendors here

You should honestly send Sunny at DSM a PM asking about it and maybe he could work with you... Wouldn't hurt to try.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:58 AM   #12
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks for you help dude
Anytime, couldn't tell you were to shop but I hear nothing but good things about down south
Old 04-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #13
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
mine didnt come with a spanner i just took a peice of 3/8th dowel rod and a 11mm deepsocket and extension and it worked perfectly
Old 04-23-2011, 09:38 AM   #14

Country's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
mine didnt come with a spanner i just took a peice of 3/8th dowel rod and a 11mm deepsocket and extension and it worked perfectly
Who did you get your CO's from?
Old 04-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #15

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
demello, got them cheap
someone returned an open box so i got them new for 850
Old 04-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #16

Country's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
demello, got them cheap
someone returned an open box so i got them new for 850
Damn dude you lucked out, very nice, could you see a difference in the ride quality once you installed them?
Old 04-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I couldnt be happier with the Icons. I had DSM take a little bit of the low speed compression dampening out of the front & rear, and its about perfect.