1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

QUESTION ABOUT 5150 AND ALLPRO EXP

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by toytaco1, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Apr 23, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    toytaco1

toytaco1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jed
    moreno valley
    Vehicle:
    05 supercharged trd off road
    trd supercharger, TRD intake, magna flow exhaust, JBA headers, walker evans front, fox rear, leaf pack, drilled slotted rotors, All Pro Front Bumper, Warn 8000 Winch
    I am planning on purchasing the all pro 3" exp leaf pack for my second gen, my question is I want to use the 5150 for it will it work? and they come in 6" 8" 10" what is the correct one to use? I pland on doing quit a bit off roading I also have the 5100 up front with the oem coils set at 2.5
    thanks for the help

2. Apr 23, 2011 at 5:49 PM
    shitroc

shitroc Master of War

Member:
    First Name:
    Ant
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Listed in sig.......
    10'' at least, youll also need longer brake lines

3. Apr 23, 2011 at 6:09 PM
    toytaco1

Member:
    First Name:
    jed
    moreno valley
    Vehicle:
    trd supercharger, TRD intake, magna flow exhaust, JBA headers, walker evans front, fox rear, leaf pack, drilled slotted rotors, All Pro Front Bumper, Warn 8000 Winch
    cool I am planning on getting the u bolt flip kit and bump stops from all pro just wanted to make sure the 5150s would fit so with 10" will the truck be taller in the rear with my front set up?

4. Apr 23, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    MrGrimm

MrGrimm Mall Crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma 4WD w/TRD Sport Package
    See build page
    Shocks dont lift the vehicle. Your springs do that. If you get the Expo leafs, I am pretty sure that your rear end will be higher than your front until you put a load on them. Then they will start to level out. I have the Dakar leafs which are 2.75" of rear lift and I have the Icon front's which are 3" of lift and the rear end is still and inch higher. Your rear end is higher out of the factory so a 1" rear lift and a 3" front lift should level out the truck.

5. Apr 23, 2011 at 7:55 PM
    toytaco1

Member:
    First Name:
    jed
    moreno valley
    Vehicle:
    So with the 5150s it wont matter on the 6 8 or 10? Cause I dont care about height I just want to make sure these shocks will fit and if they do Im gonna be all over it, thanks for the advice

6. Apr 23, 2011 at 8:21 PM
    MrGrimm

MrGrimm Mall Crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma 4WD w/TRD Sport Package
    See build page
    It does matter for the length. For example if they are too short, the springs will destroy the shocks. The shocks will be "stretched" everytime your axle droops. That's what happened to my Donahoes (Icon's before the "incident"). The best way to determine why length you will need is to install the springs and then have them measured. From experience with a 2.75" leaf pack that a 10.5 - 11" shock is best for a Dakar setup. I don't have any experience with the All-Pro leafs but they are suppose to be similar.

Give All-Pro a call. They have some great customer service and should be able to answer your question.

7. Apr 23, 2011 at 9:24 PM
    toytaco1

Member:
    First Name:
    jed
    moreno valley
    Vehicle:
    Thanks,
    They are similar I believe and the 5150s from what I have researched have a 10" available but I think Im just gonna go with the recommended 5100 just to be safe

8. Apr 23, 2011 at 9:52 PM
    Timber

Timber Crankey Old Yacht Jockey

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    San Pedro Bay Ports
    just a couple comfort items.
    I think you would do fine with a 10 " 5150. Thats what I had for quite a while with my Dakars. you will need to make sure that at full squish your bumpstops limit your up travel before your shocks do or you will destroy the shocks very quickly. Realistically though unless you carry a lot of weight while you are on the trail or are really hauling ass on whoops you may not even use up a 10" shock as far as compression. But on the other hand the all pro expo springs have no overload leaf like the dakars do so I may be talking out my ass? I would ask all pro what they suggest.

9. Apr 23, 2011 at 10:02 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    not necessarily. I was working on a truck that we lifted with all pro rear 3" leafs and some shocks. You might be able to get away just putting a spacer, such as a shock bolt sleeve and longer screw, to bring the brake line bracket up a little bit instead of going with longer break lines.

Products Discussed in

To Top