Notices

QUESTION ABOUT 5150 AND ALLPRO EXP

Old 04-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
toytaco1 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Aerial Porter 56th APS
Name: jed
toytaco1's Tacoma Gallery
QUESTION ABOUT 5150 AND ALLPRO EXP

I am planning on purchasing the all pro 3" exp leaf pack for my second gen, my question is I want to use the 5150 for it will it work? and they come in 6" 8" 10" what is the correct one to use? I pland on doing quit a bit off roading I also have the 5100 up front with the oem coils set at 2.5
thanks for the help
Old 04-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
10'' at least, youll also need longer brake lines
Old 04-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
cool I am planning on getting the u bolt flip kit and bump stops from all pro just wanted to make sure the 5150s would fit so with 10" will the truck be taller in the rear with my front set up?
Old 04-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Shocks dont lift the vehicle. Your springs do that. If you get the Expo leafs, I am pretty sure that your rear end will be higher than your front until you put a load on them. Then they will start to level out. I have the Dakar leafs which are 2.75" of rear lift and I have the Icon front's which are 3" of lift and the rear end is still and inch higher. Your rear end is higher out of the factory so a 1" rear lift and a 3" front lift should level out the truck.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
Talking

So with the 5150s it wont matter on the 6 8 or 10? Cause I dont care about height I just want to make sure these shocks will fit and if they do Im gonna be all over it, thanks for the advice
Old 04-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
It does matter for the length. For example if they are too short, the springs will destroy the shocks. The shocks will be "stretched" everytime your axle droops. That's what happened to my Donahoes (Icon's before the "incident"). The best way to determine why length you will need is to install the springs and then have them measured. From experience with a 2.75" leaf pack that a 10.5 - 11" shock is best for a Dakar setup. I don't have any experience with the All-Pro leafs but they are suppose to be similar.

Give All-Pro a call. They have some great customer service and should be able to answer your question.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
Thanks,
They are similar I believe and the 5150s from what I have researched have a 10" available but I think Im just gonna go with the recommended 5100 just to be safe
Old 04-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #8
Crankey Old Yacht Jockey
Timber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
Timber's Tacoma Gallery
I think you would do fine with a 10 " 5150. Thats what I had for quite a while with my Dakars. you will need to make sure that at full squish your bumpstops limit your up travel before your shocks do or you will destroy the shocks very quickly. Realistically though unless you carry a lot of weight while you are on the trail or are really hauling ass on whoops you may not even use up a 10" shock as far as compression. But on the other hand the all pro expo springs have no overload leaf like the dakars do so I may be talking out my ass? I would ask all pro what they suggest.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #9
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitroc View Post
10'' at least, youll also need longer brake lines
not necessarily. I was working on a truck that we lifted with all pro rear 3" leafs and some shocks. You might be able to get away just putting a spacer, such as a shock bolt sleeve and longer screw, to bring the brake line bracket up a little bit instead of going with longer break lines.