Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

another lift thread!

Old 04-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
cgarci42 is on a distinguished road
Name: Cory
cgarci42's Tacoma Gallery
another lift thread!

hey guys sorry to post another thread about lifts, and before i get told i have been searching around! haha just wondering if someone can help me compile all the bits and pieces ive read together!

i have a 05 dc and already have the 5100's installed at 1.5 i believe? the amount to remove the rake. i wanted a little more lift and my friend was telling me to get some ome coils? http://tinyurl.com/6xmqbre is this all i need and will it get me to about a 3" lift?

and for the back my leafs are already shot :/ both sides have already started frowning. i got off the forums for a while and completely missed the group buy for the leaf packs. so just wondering if i plan to lift the front to about 2.5-3" which leaf packs would i need to get to make the truck level, ive read about the deavers, dakars, the wheeler ones that were from the group buy but im not too sure about which ones i would need since some are 5 pack and others are 6.

thanks in advance tacoma world!
Old 04-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the OME 885s with Bilstein 5100s set at zero and am getting a little over 3". I have a 2" Toytec AAL that brought new life to my tired rear leafs!

My measurements are a little over 38" up front (both sides cause I have the little spacer to compensate for the driver side lean) and a little over 39" in the rear
Old 04-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's some pics...I'm running 265/75/16s for now...I'll be stepping up to 285s. I have a little more clearance now that I'm running a tubed bumper up front

Old 04-25-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I'm running the OME 885s with Bilstein 5100s set at zero and am getting a little over 3". I have a 2" Toytec AAL that brought new life to my tired rear leafs!

My measurements are a little over 38" up front (both sides cause I have the little spacer to compensate for the driver side lean) and a little over 39" in the rear
just wondering whats the difference between the 884's 885's 886's?? which ones would be the ideal ones to get
Old 04-26-2011, 12:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarci42 View Post
just wondering whats the difference between the 884's 885's 886's?? which ones would be the ideal ones to get
depends, do you plan on running a after market front bumper? They all have different spring ratings (being able to handle additional weight)
Old 04-26-2011, 12:13 AM   #6

I recommend 885s for general use...and 886s if you plan to add a plate bumper with winch...Here's a table to help you out as well...

http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/tech_OME_coils.html
Old 04-26-2011, 12:34 AM   #7
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
I had 885's with my allpro front bumper and it rode nice and sat up high, but when i added the winch it started to sag. If you plan on throwing extra weight up front i recommend 886's.

Also i had a 2in aal, but switched to the allpro expo leaf pack. Really happy with the ride and height of their leaf pack.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
I had 885's with my allpro front bumper and it rode nice and sat up high, but when i added the winch it started to sag. If you plan on throwing extra weight up front i recommend 886's.
what did I say?...oh wait
Old 04-26-2011, 12:41 AM   #9
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
what did I say?...oh wait
I know, i was just giving him my experience with it
Old 04-26-2011, 12:42 AM   #10
Quote:
depends, do you plan on running a after market front bumper? They all have different spring ratings (being able to handle additional weight)
nah i plan on keeping the same bumper, so then i would go with the 885's right? and would i need to get the top plate and the trim packer ive been reading about?

and ive been reading that its better to just replace the leafs and get new packs because the aal's will just be a temp fix?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:43 AM   #11

Quote:
I know, i was just giving him my experience with it
I know bud, I was j/k
Old 04-26-2011, 12:47 AM   #12
McGrubber

Quote:
I know bud, I was j/k
I know, im captain obvious

OP, i think you would be good with the 885's, im not sure about the top plate and trim packer tho, i switched to Icons.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:51 AM   #13

Quote:
nah i plan on keeping the same bumper, so then i would go with the 885's right? and would i need to get the top plate and the trim packer ive been reading about?

and ive been reading that its better to just replace the leafs and get new packs because the aal's will just be a temp fix?
I think the 885s will be perfect...I love mine. I'm not running the top plates and i'm getting a little over 3 inches up front...it was 3.5" but its settled now so its about 3 and a 8th inches. Its up to you if you wanna buy new leafs...I didn't...I just went with the Toytec 2" AAL and it brought new life to them...I just didn't have the money at the time but if I did, I would've bought the Darkars. Make sure and replace the rear shocks too with some 5100s or better
Old 04-26-2011, 12:54 AM   #14
McGrubber

x2 on the shocks, the ride was horrible with stock shocks and my 2in AAL. Everytime i hit a bump my ass end would hop
Old 04-26-2011, 12:55 AM   #15

Quote:
x2 on the shocks, the ride was horrible with stock shocks and my 2in AAL. Everytime i hit a bump my ass end would hop
exactly
Old 04-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #16
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
hate to thred jack here, but im getting my parts list for my lift and im goin with 5100s and some eibach springs. do i need to get a new top plate? can i use stock? do i even need to use one?
Old 04-26-2011, 07:53 PM   #17
Quote:
exactly
yeah i was planning on getting those too. which ones are better? downsouth has the 5100's and 5125's? the 5125's are pretty cheap as well listed at 79.95
Old 04-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #18
Also last question. I'm thinking about going with the ome leaf packs. Would I need to get the extended brake lines?
Old 04-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #19
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Also last question. I'm thinking about going with the ome leaf packs. Would I need to get the extended brake lines?
Not necessary unless you flex alot offroad , then yes .
Old 04-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #20
well it turns out downsouth doesnt have the 5100 for the rear in stock but toytec does. which would be the best to get ride quality wise? the truck spends most of the time on the freeway driving to school then in the desert, and most of the roads around here are pretty good in quality

downsouth:
5125's - 79
5150's - 109

toytec:
5100's - 169