LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1.5 AAL or 2 AAL

Old 04-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #1
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
willimatic's Tacoma Gallery
1.5 AAL or 2 AAL

Does anyone have pictures or know how much rake will be achieved with the above AAL's with Eibachs and 5100's set at 0 up front? I don't mind having some rack, but I don't want more rake than I currently have.

Stock 2006 AC 4x4 Sport, NO TSB. I am doing the 5100's on all four, eibachs up front, just can't decide what AAL to go with?

Any suggestions?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by willimatic View Post
Does anyone have pictures or know how much rack will be achieved with the above AAL's with Eibachs and 5100's set at 0 up front? I don't mind having some rack, but I don't want more rack than I currently have.

Stock 2006 AC 4x4 Sport, NO TSB. I am doing the 5100's on all four, eibachs up front, just can't decide what AAL to go with?

Any suggestions?
If you don't want any more rake than you currently have, and the eibachs provide 1.6" of lift, you should probably go with the 1.5" AAL, not the 2", right?
Old 04-25-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
If you don't want any more rake than you currently have, and the eibachs provide 1.6" of lift, you should probably go with the 1.5" AAL, not the 2", right?
Yeah, I am not sure!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by willimatic View Post
Yeah, I am not sure!
1.5" AAL...max...some people even leave the back stock when doing 1.75" up front.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #5
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
I just posted this 1.5" AAL in the buy/sell section.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...b-1-5-aal.html
Old 04-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #6

I was thinking that, but I have heard several people who do the eibachs and 5100s at 0 get around 2" of lift. I just want to make sure I am not nose high, but don't want to get the 2" AAL and have a lot of rake.

Anyone have pics?
Old 04-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running eibachs and fatbobsgarage 1/2" isolator on stock shocks and TSB rear and still have more fender gap in the rear. But I'm not sure about non-tsb.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
I would use the 1.5" over the 2" simply because of the strain it places on the leaf caused by the arch from the AAL. I have a 2" and the leaf floats over the AAL and sits on the edges of the AAL causing it to bend at that section. I suppose the 1.5" are of a lesser arch therefore shouldn't be as bad.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #9
Twiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant future

Name: Austin
Twiostaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have billys at .85 with eibachs and 2" aal and have rake still. I would get 1.5 aal if you plan on setting them at 0