Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift ordered...now what?

Old 04-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Lift ordered...now what?

ok first off let me say i searched everywhere but could not find a definite answer to my question!

Heres the specs:
2006 Double cab long bed 4x2
I currently have 5100's set at 1.75 in the front
Stock suspension on the rear
I ordered some used rear 5100 and toytec 2" (non-TSB) AAL from a member on here with ~7000 highway miles on them

My questions:
1. Would i need to raise my fronts up to 2.5? what would look better? (my stock leafs are sagging but not horribly)
2. Will i need to get new U bolts and centering pins? (he did not include these when i bought the AAL from him)
3. Because i'm a 4x2 i wont need axle shims, etc. will I?
4. What are the odds of me needing UCA's?
5. Would 265/75/16 tires look good?

Thanks to all in advance!!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
bump! need help guys!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
I am not sure but I don't think you will need new UCA's since you are 2WD.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbm32 View Post
I am not sure but I don't think you will need new UCA's since you are 2WD.
thanks for the input!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
I think it would look good with your fronts set to 2.5 with a 2 inch AAL. Install the AAL and see how it looks at 1.75. Switch it if you think .75 inches would look better.

It's recommended to get new u bolts. Can't remember about the centering pins. I think those are needed also.

You don't NEED shims or carrier bearing drop unless you develope vibrations. Install your AAL and see if u end up with drive line vibes.

If you put your front 5100s to 2.5 you might want to consider new UCAs. You should be able to get away with an okay alignment tho still.

265's should look good tho if u wanted u could fit 285's if u want to cut/trim and either get wheel spacers or wheels with backspacing of 4.5 or less ( thes is if u set front to 2.5)
Old 04-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #6
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Chill man lots of people work you might not get the perfect answer after 15 min.

1. Do the back first if you don't like the rake change the Billy's to 2.5. Also remember everything is going to settle 1/4 of an inch or so. Use that when calculating on redoing the front.
2. No you don't have to have new U bolts but many recomend them. You will need new centering pins. The stock ones are too short.
3.Hopefully not. Do your lift if you get vibrations you will have to figure out what is causing them and address it then.
4. At 1.75 probably not, at 2.5 probably. Again you can make the determination after you get everything settled.
5. At 1.75 they will look good. (that is what I run) But at 2.5 you might wanna go bigger, but that opens a new can of worms. Just put the lift on and make your decision.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #7
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog2314 View Post
I think it would look good with your fronts set to 2.5 with a 2 inch AAL. Install the AAL and see how it looks at 1.75. Switch it if you think .75 inches would look better.

It's recommended to get new u bolts. Can't remember about the centering pins. I think those are needed also.

You don't NEED shims or carrier bearing drop unless you develope vibrations. Install your AAL and see if u end up with drive line vibes.

If you put your front 5100s to 2.5 you might want to consider new UCAs. You should be able to get away with an okay alignment tho still.

265's should look good tho if u wanted u could fit 285's if u want to cut/trim and either get wheel spacers or wheels with backspacing of 4.5 or less ( thes is if u set front to 2.5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun155 View Post
Chill man lots of people work you might not get the perfect answer after 15 min.

1. Do the back first if you don't like the rake change the Billy's to 2.5. Also remember everything is going to settle 1/4 of an inch or so. Use that when calculating on redoing the front.
2. No you don't have to have new U bolts but many recomend them. You will need new centering pins. The stock ones are too short.
3.Hopefully not. Do your lift if you get vibrations you will have to figure out what is causing them and address it then.
4. At 1.75 probably not, at 2.5 probably. Again you can make the determination after you get everything settled.
5. At 1.75 they will look good. (that is what I run) But at 2.5 you might wanna go bigger, but that opens a new can of worms. Just put the lift on and make your decision.
Thanks guys!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #8
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 or 4x2 has zero impact on the need or lack of need for axle shims (its all about rear lift height) or UCA (its all about front lift height and allignment).