Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100's with Eibach Coils & AAL Questions

Old 04-25-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
5100's with Eibach Coils & AAL Questions

Got the 5100's (back already installed) and i have been waiting for new tires before i throw the front's on that way i can get the alignment all at once. I also have the TSB done and my original plan was Setting to Billies .85, Eibach Coils, TSB W/1.5" AAL... I upgraded my wheel size from stock 265/70/16 to a 275/70/17 because i wanted something a little more beefier to throw on the lift as well.. I know the tires will give me a little lift on its own however, i'm having 2nd thoughts about being to ruff of a ride adding another 1.5 AAL to the TSB lift pack. If i set the Billies to 2.5" with just the TSB then i'm going to be a little nose high.. I really like how the .85/Eibachs/TSB (AAL) looks. What are your all's opinions?
Old 04-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
I have the .85 eibach combo with 2inch AAL. No tsb. I still have some rake.

I think your right, you'll be a little nose high with just the tsb and 2.5 up front.

I would go ahead and put the AAL on. You might sacrifice a little bit of ride quality, but it will look the best.

If you really don't want to add the AAL maybe set your 5100's to "0" and just get the 1.6 inches out of em.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah from all the stuff I read from previous threads and posts, when people just get the TSB done, they put their 5100''s at 1.25" and they all say they are leveled out. 2.5"s for sure will make your nose sit higher.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yeah from all the stuff I read from previous threads and posts, when people just get the TSB done, they put their 5100''s at 1.25" and they all say they are leveled out. 2.5"s for sure will make your nose sit higher.

True. I don't believe 1.75 will give me all the lift that Im really looking to achieve though. Ahhhhh
Old 04-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfzdrag3 View Post
True. I don't believe 1.75 will give me all the lift that Im really looking to achieve though. Ahhhhh
Oops my bad..I meant 1.75" Haha
Old 04-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I have the eibachs and 5100's set at 1.75 and the tsb aal and the toytec aal to go with the tsb and I'm still a bit lower in the front.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
I have the eibachs and 5100's set at 1.75 and the tsb aal and the toytec aal to go with the tsb and I'm still a bit lower in the front.
What are you hub to fender up front with that set up ?
Old 04-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #8
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I would have to measure. I did at on time but in the rear I want to say I was a 1/2 inch taller.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would have to measure. I did at on time but in the rear I want to say I was a 1/2 inch taller.
I was just wondering how your set up compared to my 885 / Nitrocharger front .
Old 04-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #10

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I will measure but I'm at work for the next 4days. So when I get off or if I have some time tonight ill do It. where do you want the measument from center of the wheel to fender?
Old 04-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will measure but I'm at work for the next 4days. So when I get off or if I have some time tonight ill do It. where do you want the measument from center of the wheel to fender?
No emergency bud , but if you get a chance , centre of wheel hub to bottom of fender would be great .

Thanks
Old 04-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #12

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
just did Its 22 and 1/2 inch. it settled a good bit It seems. rides nice though.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #13
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
You have the Eibachs and the 5100's set at 1.75.? That is completely not recommended.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #14

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
sorry they are at .85. I had them at 1.75 before I put my eibachs on.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just did Its 22 and 1/2 inch. it settled a good bit It seems. rides nice though.
Interesting , I'm at 22 1/2" with the 885's and no spacer

Thanks for measuring
Old 04-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #16

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
no prob. I didn use the spacer. Its in the back of my cab. I wanted to see it without the spacer and never put it in.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #17

Quote:
no prob. I didn use the spacer. Its in the back of my cab. I wanted to see it without the spacer and never put it in.

Was so you have the AAL too? Got any pics? And does it ride rough without a load?
Old 04-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #18

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah if You go to my gallery there are pics. I'm on my phone.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #19

I looked but they're tonss of other photos, I didnt feel like looking through all of em lol.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #20

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah there are. look in the live thread in a few min. I load one.