1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 Tacoma project, lift time

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TonkaToyTaco, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Apr 28, 2011 at 1:00 PM
    TonkaToyTaco

TonkaToyTaco [OP] Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers cranked up with JBA UCA, Rear OME 2" leaf pack with Ride Rite air bags, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 5% up front and 40% on windsheild), Retro color matched HID headlights with Amber Halo, Projector LED Foglight, Custom LED Taillight and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids color matched, Fog light anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, 20" LED bar and 2 LED Pods behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Outlaw Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns, Pedal Commander
    I have a 2011 tacoma crew cab long bed and I want to lift it. I want to be able to fit 33s under it so im looking for lift. I been looking at a 3" leveling kit and dont know what to do. I want to refrain from going 6" because I dont want to modify anything to much. What do you guys suggest. I need help and suggestions on what to go with and who from.

2. Apr 28, 2011 at 1:01 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    I suggest you go with the toytec CO's with some 5100's out back that should give you a good 3" of lift and you will be able to fit 33" tires with no problem.

EDIT:plus the toytec CO's are not too expensive and the bilstein are shocks are a decent price as well.

3. Apr 28, 2011 at 1:11 PM
    wolfdog2314

wolfdog2314 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    Eibach coils. 5100's all around. AAL. WickedFlow
    How much coin do u have to spend?

And what are your intended uses for the truck?

4. Apr 29, 2011 at 9:29 AM
    TonkaToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers cranked up with JBA UCA, Rear OME 2" leaf pack with Ride Rite air bags, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 5% up front and 40% on windsheild), Retro color matched HID headlights with Amber Halo, Projector LED Foglight, Custom LED Taillight and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids color matched, Fog light anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, 20" LED bar and 2 LED Pods behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Outlaw Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns, Pedal Commander
    IM not to worried about the cost, I would like to stay around a grand, and I plan on mostly looks and street, but still capable of offroading in the future, I want something good that wont mess up my truck

5. Apr 29, 2011 at 9:47 AM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon

x3

6. Apr 29, 2011 at 10:13 AM
    That Dude Tim

That Dude Tim Toyota Technician

Member:
    Elyria, OH
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, BLK Mk6, ICON's, Firestone Ride Rites, SHLM, Rear view camera switch, 7-pin in bumper, Lighted 4x4 switch, ImMrYo bracket, mudflap delete
    I agree with either option, but also suggest new upper control arms. I put on my own at our dealer and the best I could get the alignment was camber at 1* positive both sides and caster at 1* both sides and toe at 0. Running 267/70r17 tires with radflow adj front coils and wheelers 2in AAL for TSB leaf packs.

I'm getting new upper control arms b/c of the highway wonder and the camber being badly out. Bought light racing UCA's from fatbobsgarage.com for $379.99 plus shipping. Call for the lower price.

7. Apr 29, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    TonkaToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    who makes and what is the X2 and X3. Not familiar with that.

8. Apr 29, 2011 at 5:12 PM
    TonkaToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    So even with a leveling kit you would suggest new upper control arms?

9. Apr 29, 2011 at 5:13 PM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    OME shocks/springs and Light Racing UCA's

10. May 8, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    TonkaToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Would anyone suggest 6 inches of lift? I would really like 6 inches but heard that you have to do alot of modifications in order to not mess anything up on the truck? Anyone know anything about this or suggest anything?

Products Discussed in

To Top