Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Can I make Eibach springs coilover springs?

Old 04-28-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
JasonSmith is on a distinguished road
JasonSmith's Tacoma Gallery
Can I make Eibach springs coilover springs?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows of a product, or of any way to make Eibach springs, that are not flat on both ends, compatible with Bilstein coilover sleeves. I thought that maybe the piece on the bottom of my 5100 strut, where the spring rests now would make the bottom surface flat... but it wont. Is there any product that will? Like something the spring can rest on that has a flat surface so I can use the coilover sleeves? Any help or knowledge would be great.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2011, 11:24 PM   #2
JasonSmith is on a distinguished road
JasonSmith's Tacoma Gallery
I understand what you're saying. I actually have that set up right now, but in order to get the coilover set up Toytec offers, the coil spring needs to be flat on both ends

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

But the spring I currently have installed is only flat on one end

I guess my question is if there is a product made that the unflat end of the spring can sit on to make it flat like the other end? Because the guys at Toytec said in order to use a coilover sleeve, the spring must be flat on both ends. Has anyone ever seen a product that does this? In theory it doesn't sound hard to do right? But I can't find if it exists anywhere.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:50 AM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you can grind off some on one end then I dont think it would work.

maybe sell your eibachs and get this