LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

need help on bilsteins

Old 04-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
CrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tacoma889
CrAiG's Tacoma Gallery
need help on bilsteins

ok i bought my truck used and it came with a tuff country 3 inch lift and the shocks blow so i wanna throw some bilstein 5100's under it. was just wondering if i could just buy them and bolt them up with out any adjustment
Old 04-29-2011, 05:50 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I think I answered this in a nother thread, but as long as you remove the spacers (aka do not stack lifts) you're good to go.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:08 AM   #3
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
or get some ome's with the 3" springs... that would be better i think
Old 04-29-2011, 06:09 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
or get some ome's with the 3" springs... that would be better i think
It will also cost over twice as much, so it all depends what his budget is...
Old 04-29-2011, 06:12 AM   #5
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
true.. but if hes got a 3" now the 5100s will only put him at 2.5" unless hes okwith that
Old 04-29-2011, 06:13 AM   #6
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Your gonna need allignment regardless if thats what your asking.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:15 AM   #7

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, anytime you change anything you need one. i think the guys at the shop down the street must think im addicted to getting alignments.. they know me by name and everything lol
Old 04-29-2011, 06:18 AM   #8
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
true.. but if hes got a 3" now the 5100s will only put him at 2.5" unless hes okwith that
He could get a 1/4" thick top plate spacer, just like the OME kit uses, for $25 to go up to 3".
Old 04-29-2011, 06:23 AM   #9

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
i thought ome used a stronger spring like the eibachs for 1st gens? i honestly never looked at the ome kit i just know it provided aq bigger lift
Old 04-29-2011, 07:50 AM   #10
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i thought ome used a stronger spring like the eibachs for 1st gens? i honestly never looked at the ome kit i just know it provided aq bigger lift
It does, but a lot of folks only get 2.5" of lift out of the OME kit without the spacer.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #11
CrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tacoma889
CrAiG's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for all the imput guys im just not sure what way im going to go at this yet but one thing is for sure gotta change out these tuff country shocks in the rear they sweek like crazy and i cant take it anymore