LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

spanner wrench

Old 04-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I think Chris4x4 made some , I'm not sure what he did with them , perhaps he will chime in .
Old 04-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I think Chris4x4 made some , I'm not sure what he did with them , perhaps he will chime in .
I didnt "make" them, but re made existing ones......wich ColtsTRD threw away before I could test them...Anyway, a drill bit with a 3/8" shaft will work. A 25/64" is the actual size of the hole, IIRC.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicutioner View Post
yeah i tried using em and no go so i might have to order me a new set. do they have to be fox's for it to work or as long as its for a 2.5 sized coilover??
Hmm......I think the ones for King and Icon fit.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I didnt "make" them, but re made existing ones......wich ColtsTRD threw away before I could test them...Anyway, a drill bit with a 3/8" shaft will work. A 25/64" is the actual size of the hole, IIRC.
Sorry for trying to help .
Old 04-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Sorry for trying to help .
It was a valiant attempt.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicutioner View Post
im liking the icon one from DSM, its got the 2 pins makes it nice and easy but dnt u need a small one and a larger one?? or can u just use the same one?? not sure....
The holes are the same size. I prefer the straight adjuster bars, as they wont spin around under pressure, and you can apply alot of leverage.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #10

http://www.kingshocks.com/products/parts/tools/
Old 04-29-2011, 08:25 PM   #11
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I still don't get why people don't just use 9mm hex wrenches...like I do...all the time...
Old 04-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
I still don't get why people don't just use 9mm hex wrenches...like I do...all the time...
I dont like how they distort the hole. In the past, they have gotten distorted enough that the wrench slips out. Plus, The pin type adjuster is longer, allowing for more leverage. And a 9mm wrench is a little on the small side. THe actual hole diameter is 9.52mm....IIRC.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #14
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I dont like how they distort the hole. In the past, they have gotten distorted enough that the wrench slips out. Plus, The pin type adjuster is longer, allowing for more leverage. And a 9mm wrench is a little on the small side. THe actual hole diameter is 9.52mm....IIRC.
I have never had a problem with any of the items you note. But then, all my experience is on Icons. I can't speak for other brands.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
I have never had a problem with any of the items you note. But then, all my experience is on Icons. I can't speak for other brands.
Seems many folks have used the 9mm alen wrench method with good results. Im probably more ham fisted than others too...
Old 10-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #16
rwalker is on a distinguished road

Name: Rian
rwalker's Tacoma Gallery
Have either of you guys tried the 9MM hex wrench on the toytec coilovers?