Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

LR UCA

Old 05-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trey
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
LR UCA

Can Light Racing UCA support Fox Front 2.5" Coilovers? Or does the Uppers really affect the CO's?

sorry if this question is on another thread I researched it and I couldnt find anything
Old 05-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
okay thanks!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Coilovers mount through the upper control arm up to the frame and down on the lower control arm. The only issue is if your upper control arm will allow enough droop for the coil spring to contact the upper control arm at full droop. Thats pretty rare though.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #5
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
The UCAs don't really "support" anything...They just allow for alignment and articulation. So yeah...pretty sure you can use LRs with the Fox set up.
Be careful with this. The LRs have a much larger grease boot on them and I have found that even with smaller coils the boot comes very close to contacting the coil at full droop. with a larger coil it is possible that the boot will contact the coil, and dont think that you are ok just because they don't contact when you install them. the alignment shop may need to pull them in a bit to get the camber good and they may contact at that point. If you are spending the money for a fox setup i would suggest spending the extra bucks to get uniballs as you will definitely avoid this issue and get more articulation.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Also depends if you have the extended travel coilovers, I think with those you need either TC or Camburgs uniball UCA's.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
Whistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Whistler_Steve's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Also depends if you have the extended travel coilovers, I think with those you need either TC or Camburgs uniball UCA's.
I had the same question a while back and LR informed me they would work with EXT travel coilovers. I wanted to go with Balljoints over uniballs as we run into a lot of road grime up here.

I found this a while back helping my decision along.

Originally Posted by LIGHT RACING LAB
"ToledoFJ called us and let us know this thread was flowing. Here are a few deign points on our Upper Control Arms you all might be interested in knowing:
• Our Upper Control Arms were designed work with a wide range of coilover shocks; from the stock Toyota units to long travel aftermarket shocks similar to the Light Racing or Icon units. This includes shocks that allow for a slight increase in droop travel.
• The increased travel was accommodated by using a ball joint with a higher range of travel. The stock Toyota ball joint has a 77° included angle (or 38.5° off centerline). Our design allows for a 90° included angle (or 45 ° off centerline. A spherical bearing (monoball) with high angularity inserts rarely has more than a 35° included angle. The angle of the ball joint plate is optimized for this increased ball joint travel.
• The sliding off-set ball joint that we use allows for a huge range of alignment adjustment rather than designing an arm with a static off-set and relying on the Lower Control Arm cam bolts for adjustment. This means the camber of our arm can be adjusted to the stock upper control arm geometry or it can be adjusted for proper camber in a 4” lifted vehicle. The caster can also be adjusted from stock numbers up to a 4° increase in caster for better high speed stability.
• Using a standard ball joint (instead of a monoball) and molded rubber inner pivots (instead of urethane) gives better ride quality, better longevity, lower maintenance, and quiet operation.
• We as a company have 30 years experience designing ball joints for aftermarket and OEM use. The design and quality of the ball joints used on these arms is top notch.
• Our arms are coated using E-coating. This is a process where the coating is electro-statically grown on the part. This is used for many OEM suspension components and gives superior corrosion protection to zinc plating, paint, or powdercoating."
Old 05-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #8
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting that great info!
Old 05-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #9
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Okay alright great info thanks a lot!