Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leaf springs from Pick n Pull

Old 05-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
Leaf springs from Pick n Pull

OK, made it to the pick n pull in Newpark today and looked over all the ranger's in the yard for leaf springs but just didn't like the way they looked. dug around somemore and got to the dodge Dakota section and found a pair of 1990 LE V6 long beds and the leafs where perfect. 2.5" wide and a lot thicker than the tacos. The axle is over the leafs so they have a nice arch to them.
35 minutes later and I had them both off. Heavy isn't the word for them. A lot heavier than the tacos.
So I plan on taking the2 smaller leafs and the OL and put them on my pack. The Taco will retain the main and second leaf and the 3rd and OL will get tossed.
Can't wait to see what lift I get and how they will feel.
BTW where can a score a longer center bolt for the leafs?
Attached Thumbnails
Leaf springs from Pick n Pull-leaf1.jpg   Leaf springs from Pick n Pull-leaf2.jpg  
Old 05-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
chvymechanic is on a distinguished road
Name: Thomas
chvymechanic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to chvymechanic
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 05-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
Largefarva is on a distinguished road
Navy: Nuke Electrician
Largefarva's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if these would be long enough.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Edit: looks like I'm too slow lol
Old 05-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
I suppose I ought to take a measurement to see how long I need them and then call and ask...LOL
Old 05-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd, interested in how much they give, how much did you get them for if you dont mind me asking?
Old 05-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Sub'd, interested in how much they give, how much did you get them for if you dont mind me asking?
No problem...they are more than I wanted to spend but still less than what a set would cost new or whatever. $37 each, plus $5 environmental whatever, then tax came out to $98!!!!!!! UGH...
Old 05-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #7
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
off topic: were there any 05+ taco parts there?
Old 05-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
off topic: were there any 05+ taco parts there?
not one single Taco in the whole yard. There was a 1990 Toyota truck and a few early 80's but that was it. Nothing but Chevys and Fords there.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brelandt View Post
not one single Taco in the whole yard. There was a 1990 Toyota truck and a few early 80's but that was it. Nothing but Chevys and Fords there.
ahh yeah figured. thanks
Old 05-03-2011, 05:36 AM   #10
Donjello is on a distinguished road
Donjello's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait to hear how much lift and what kind of ride you get out of those leafs. I really want to give this a try.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #11
Air Force:
me too. sent an email to toytec to see how long their center bolts are. If they are fine then once they come in I'm ready to get to work on this!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:34 AM   #12
Air Force:
OK, toytec just replied to my email and the bolts are 5" long. Ought to be plenty long enough for what I'm doing so I'm ordering a set of them now!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:47 AM   #13
Air Force:
I would love to order these but their website will not accept my shipping address even though I have ordered hundreds of things and had them shipped there before...Oh well?
Old 05-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #14
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OK, made it to the pick n pull in Newpark today and looked over all the ranger's in the yard for leaf springs but just didn't like the way they looked. dug around somemore and got to the dodge Dakota section and found a pair of 1990 LE V6 long beds and the leafs where perfect. 2.5" wide and a lot thicker than the tacos. The axle is over the leafs so they have a nice arch to them.
35 minutes later and I had them both off. Heavy isn't the word for them. A lot heavier than the tacos.
So I plan on taking the2 smaller leafs and the OL and put them on my pack. The Taco will retain the main and second leaf and the 3rd and OL will get tossed.
Can't wait to see what lift I get and how they will feel.
BTW where can a score a longer center bolt for the leafs?

My new hero !!! Hey Terry I got my axle pins from Offroad Warehouse (ORW) about $8 for 2 & more than long enough, make sure to clamp your springs before you take apart. (they do have a little pre load on them , nothing serious though....
Old 05-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #15
Air Force:
yeah Doug, I'll see about ordering them from there thanks. Oh, hell yeah I got a 6" C clamp for the job. I had to do this once before when I installed the AAL's.
My only concern is my brand new Monomax. As it is now they are only 1" longer than the 20" the mounting points are at on the passengerside. The driverside has plenty of travel. I might have to bite the bullet and get 5100 or something?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #16
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Good to see some of you actually wanting to improve your ride without emptying your wallet, a true build you can be proud of.....this is what your shooting for.... (I have since dumped the overload)

After beating these for about 3 months now, still have 3" lift & beautiful arc..
Old 05-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #17
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
yeah Doug, I'll see about ordering them from there thanks. Oh, hell yeah I got a 6" C clamp for the job. I had to do this once before when I installed the AAL's.
My only concern is my brand new Monomax. As it is now they are only 1" longer than the 20" the mounting points are at on the passengerside. The driverside has plenty of travel. I might have to bite the bullet and get 5100 or something?
You may have to on this, at 3" my Bilsteins have reached their limit for safe, functional travel. (It doesn't have to be Bilsteins, but a longer shock is neccessary, we did go up in elevation after all) I just checked out those springs, beautiful arc should work well for you....
Old 05-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #19
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Stop at your local truck spring shop and they will have the correct center pins, retainers and bushings and u-bolts...or my favorite mail order suspension site is www.espo.com or the new web address is http://www.springsnthings.com/

Been using them for a good 15 years.

Got on a tear a few years ago and rebuilt the suspension of a couple of 60's vintage dodge trucks with modern poly bushings, hardened bolts and such.

Howard