LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

AAL sag after 6k miles (all highway)

Old 05-03-2011, 05:45 AM   #1
TheHansen is on a distinguished road

TheHansen's Tacoma Gallery
AAL sag after 6k miles (all highway)

Is this normal settling for an aal with approx 6k miles on it. (bought from toytec 1.5" aal)
-no i dont tow anything
-heaviest thing i have had in the back since install is mtn bikes

just checking because it seems a little excessive to me as the aal has a high point at the axle, its not one smooth curve
Old 05-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Looks to be because you don't have the TSB leaf pack and that single AAL is trying to support a lot of weight on it's own.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:07 AM   #4
Country is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lance Criminal, STA Plt.
Name: Country
Country's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
My leafs look like that too and I have OEM 4 leaf pack.

They fucking suck.
Thats why I bought AllPro's Baja leaf pack, super stout and wont budge even with 2 GSXR bikes in the back
Old 05-03-2011, 07:14 AM   #5
DocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1st 145th FA
Name: David
DocCisco's Tacoma Gallery
Well this helps me make my decision. I was debating between an AAL or 5-Leaf OME and now I know what to do... Going with the OME leaf pack.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...rocharger.html
Old 05-03-2011, 07:38 AM   #6
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country View Post
Thats why I bought AllPro's Baja leaf pack, super stout and wont budge even with 2 GSXR bikes in the back
Yeah I think I'm going to go OME Dakar leaf pack. I'm already sporting OME everywhere else, might as well continue the trend.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #7
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Yeah I think I'm going to go OME Dakar leaf pack. I'm already sporting OME everywhere else, might as well continue the trend.
I'm loving mine. All I've hauled is firewood. My stockers with an AAL turned into "W"s with a half a face in it. Now with the Dakar's, I can carry a full face and a half without any trouble. The ride isn't bad either, maybe a little stiffer, but nothing I notice without thinking about it

Good luck with yours!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #8
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I was in the same boat you were. I put my AAL on and less the 10k I was back to bottoming out. This is what mine looked like with the AAL. You can tell they were shot.

With the AAL a couple of weeks ago.

I decided that I wanted to replace the leaf pack so I won't have to do it in the future. I decided on the Dakar OME leaf pack. As mentioned above it is great. I just put it on last night but have noticed a night a day difference. It is much stiffer but doesn't really change the ride. I no longer bottom out and the ride is much more balanced (the rear suspension seems to match the front better) Here is some picture I took today.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #9
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
I was in the same boat you were. I put my AAL on and less the 10k I was back to bottoming out. This is what mine looked like with the AAL. You can tell they were shot.

YUP...that's exactly what mine looked like. It seems the AAL holds up pretty well, but the stockers just warp right around them!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #10
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
YUP...that's exactly what mine looked like. It seems the AAL holds up pretty well, but the stockers just warp right around them!
Yeah the AAL did as much as it could do, but my factory leafs were garbage. All the strength in the rear leaf pack was coming from the AAL and thats a lot to expect from one leaf. The truck feel like a whole new truck. Everytime I drive it i'm grinning from ear to ear... no more bottoming out.... bring on the bumps...
Old 05-03-2011, 07:08 PM   #11
NORTHERN RED-NECK

udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
Yeah the AAL did as much as it could do, but my factory leafs were garbage. All the strength in the rear leaf pack was coming from the AAL and thats a lot to expect from one leaf. The truck feel like a whole new truck. Everytime I drive it i'm grinning from ear to ear... no more bottoming out.... bring on the bumps...
No kidding, the truck is very stable in the curves too! Mine handles quite nimbly. Though I do have to remind myself I'm not driving a race car once in a while!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #12
DocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1st 145th FA
Name: David
DocCisco's Tacoma Gallery
Neil, thanks for sharing the pics. It looks a lot more even.

I've got enough for the lift and am just saving a bit more for some UCAs by LR then will do the whole setup.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:33 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCisco View Post
Neil, thanks for sharing the pics. It looks a lot more even.

I've got enough for the lift and am just saving a bit more for some UCAs by LR then will do the whole setup.
GL
Old 05-04-2011, 04:07 AM   #14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, have the newer 3 leaf packs gotten even shittier? Mine are 05 and have had Toytec AAL for couple of years without issue. Have hauled 1500 lbs a coupla times and load it up with kayaks, camping equip, bikes, landscaping stuff for house & all kinda different stuff on regular basis and they are still good.