1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need some help guys

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by toy08, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Sep 30, 2008 at 10:31 PM
    toy08

toy08 [OP] Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 Dbl cab 08
    brush gard, bed cover, wheels and tiers, air flow, KC lights, 2.5 inh leveling kit
    I have a 2.5 EZ leveling kit on the front of my truck with 17" weels with a 5.5 back spacing on them. 32.5" pro comp tiers that rubb on my arms as I drive. In addition I have terriable movement with my front end. How can I stableize the steering.

I bought 4.5 inch backspace wheels to kick out my tiers witch should help with the rubbing. I ordered a front Axel drop down kit to take the tention off my front axel. In addition I ordered Bilsten 5100 to upgrade from the stock package (not TRD). Is there anything else I should look into getting.

For a 2008 my drive shaft is way to loose and shakes from 25mph and up. I'm all ears....

2. Sep 30, 2008 at 10:42 PM
    sooner02r1

sooner02r1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Can't tell you if the backspacing is correct unless we know the width of the wheel. Did you get the truck aligned? Did you get the wheels rebalanced?

3. Oct 2, 2008 at 11:28 PM
    toy08

toy08 [OP] Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 Dbl cab 08
    brush gard, bed cover, wheels and tiers, air flow, KC lights, 2.5 inh leveling kit
    the width of the weel is 9". Aparently my rims cause problems with getting a proper balance because a of a set screw for the cap. I paid to have my front end alliend but the toyota Dealer ship the very next day said it was out...I'm in the process of getting my money back

Products Discussed in

To Top