Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Just noticed Bilstein 5100s come in 2 Lengths!?

Old 05-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
mrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Single Anchor Single-Seat Master Race
mrw3685's Tacoma Gallery
Just noticed Bilstein 5100s come in 2 Lengths!?

Was looking at DSMs website and just noticed rear Bilstein 5100s come in a "0-1.5 inches of lift" and a "3-4 inches of lift" option!?

I've read TONS of post about people saying if you're going to be getting a whole new leaf pack, aka All-Pro/Dakars/etc you need to go with 5125s due to their longer lengths. Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not necessarily true. PLUS, you won't have to spend the extra money on a "eye to stem" conversion for the 5100s like you will the 5125s.

This being said, I think I'm getting the 3-4" 5100s to go with my All-Pro Expo pack.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
i got my package deal from DSM originally 5100's but had the option to replace iwht 5125 rears with the conversion for free
Old 05-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
i think he's talking about the rears http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-51...ar-shocks.html
Old 05-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-51...ar-shocks.html
I found 'em. The OP appears to be correct, they offer 2 lengths for the 5100's!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
i think he's talking about the rears http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-51...ar-shocks.html
Yeah I couldn't tell from his post even though he mentioned they were the rears.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Damn, beat me to it...
Old 05-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #8
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Damn, beat me to it...
Old 09-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #9
DreDog is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
DreDog's Tacoma Gallery
i have the 3 inch all pro pack. what length 5100s do i need for the rear?

so i have my 3 inches of travel back from the leafs
Old 09-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #10
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
yes. There was a thing about 5100's being too "short" for lifts, then it came to light that by looking at parts numbers, there's 2 different lengths.

Theres a thread on here about a member that broke his "short" 5100s, then was compensated with "long" 5100's