Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Finally did the install, but now there are weird noises...

Old 05-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Name: David
dira1987's Tacoma Gallery
Finally did the install, but now there are weird noises...

Hey guys,

So after many months of craigslisting i finally installed the camburg spindles, expended break lines, ome rear leafs and shocks, and moto metal wheels and tires. I did the install myself and it looks like it works pretty well. It runs and nothing has fallen off yet. Unfortunatly now when i drive i hear this screeching coming from the front tires. It sounds like the tires are skidding everywhere i drive. Straight line, turns, everything. I was thinking it was because the wheel offset was too large? Maybe the wheels are just wearing down? I had it aligned and everything so i dont think its the alignment anymore. What do you guys think? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Finally did the install, but now there are weird noises...-1303435807613.jpg   Finally did the install, but now there are weird noises...-1303435812322.jpg   Finally did the install, but now there are weird noises...-1303581233585.jpg   Finally did the install, but now there are weird noises...-1303581238966.jpg   Finally did the install, but now there are weird noises...-1303865151619.jpg  

Finally did the install, but now there are weird noises...-1303865175680.jpg  
Old 05-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Did you have it aligned directly after install? If so, when/ if it settled it put the alignment out of spec...

Just an idea.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dira1987 View Post
Hey guys,

So after many months of craigslisting i finally installed the camburg spindles, expended break lines, ome rear leafs and shocks, and moto metal wheels and tires. I did the install myself and it looks like it works pretty well. It runs and nothing has fallen off yet. Unfortunatly now when i drive i hear this screeching coming from the front tires. It sounds like the tires are skidding everywhere i drive. Straight line, turns, everything. I was thinking it was because the wheel offset was too large? Maybe the wheels are just wearing down? I had it aligned and everything so i dont think its the alignment anymore. What do you guys think? Thanks!
Can't tell shit from thumbnails OP, can you take some close up pics of your front install?? It'll help a bunch.....
Old 05-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Look hard for metal to metal contact. New wheels, so look for clearance between caliper/dust sheild and wheel.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
What is the backspacing of the rims? You need at least 4.5" backspacing.