Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear lift options, help!

Old 05-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
LV taco is on a distinguished road
LV taco's Tacoma Gallery
Rear lift options, help!

I have a 99 extra cab 6cyl. I just ordered 5100's from DSM. I need about 1.75 to level the front out. I plan on setting them to 2.5 to clear new 31in tires. So my question is what are my options to level the rear out with the front? I do some off roading, but nothing to fast or crazy. It's either washy soft stuff or really rouch rocky terrain.(not rock crawling) I was thinking about getting rear AAL and new shocks, but I dont usually have a load in the back. Will the AAL be to stiff? What about just getting rear shackels? If im lifting the back only about 3/4-1 inch will i still need new shocks? What shocks are good to run for this set up? Thanks in advance, this is my first truck that Im moding instead of buying it alerady done.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Get the rear 5100's, and a shackle, if you dont want much lift. IIRC, they make a 1" lift rear shackle.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
shocks don't lift the rear, leaf springs do...I recommend a "add a leaf" (AAL) if you do some off roading! And you don't need to be set at 2.5 up front to run 31s....you can do that with no lift...Cmack on here is running em. 32s would look great though.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
. IIRC, they make a 1" lift rear shackle.
yup

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/1-rea...les-p3997.aspx
Old 05-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
LV taco's Tacoma Gallery
I talked to a guy at DSM, I think im going to go with the rear shakles and new shocks. you guys like the 5100's in the rear also? or is there any other brand similar in price that would be better? also whats IIRC?
Old 05-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #6
LV taco's Tacoma Gallery
NVM about the IIRC, Clicked on the link lol.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
"IIRC" = If I Remember Correclty
Old 05-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #8
LV taco's Tacoma Gallery
you don't need to be set at 2.5 up front to run 31s....you can do that with no lift...Cmack on here is running em. 32s would look great though.

He is running 31's on stock ride height? do you know if he had rubbing or had to do some trimming? If i can set the front to just 1.75 and clear the 31's I'd rather do that to save the money on the shakels.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #9
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Most people can fit up to a 265/75/16 at stock height. That's about a 31.6" tall tire so you should be fine with 31"s. A slight lift wouldnt be bad though, just 5100s set at 1.75" and a 1" shackle in your case. How does your leaf pack look?
Old 05-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #10
LV taco's Tacoma Gallery
As it sits right now I would need the 1.75 just to level it out. My leaf pack looks a little sad. It doesnt have much arch to it. The truck has almost 150k on it and those are orgional leafs. It doesnt ride bad in the rear at all though. Ill see if I can post a Pic real quick.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #12
LV taco's Tacoma Gallery
A couple pics of my truck as it sits right now and my leafs.
Attached Thumbnails
Rear lift options, help!-truck.jpg   Rear lift options, help!-truck4.jpg   Rear lift options, help!-truck5.jpg   Rear lift options, help!-truck-2.jpg  
Old 05-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #13
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
You can run 32"'s w/stock susp. but if you go up any amount in rear you'll need shock upgrade.. mine with 3" lift & 5100 series (5125's)