1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wait or Eibachs or pull the gun!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by MedlinAround, May 5, 2011.

?

Which Way?

Poll closed Jun 4, 2011.
  1. Wait!! You impatient Homo!

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. Go with the OME's Fo Sho!

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  3. Doesn't matter Either or... (My truck looks better anyway)

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. May 5, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    MedlinAround

MedlinAround [OP] Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD off-road edition Tacoma
    Bilstein 5100's, OME 885X Coils, Dakar HD Springs, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Magnaflow exhaust, Volant Intake, OKledlight pods, Front Skid Plate, Weathertec Floor Liners, Custom Bed Rack, TRD Nation interior LED dome kit, 4X innovations sliders, DIY Roof Rack, Smittybilt RTT.
    With Eibachs being discontinued and toytec saying it will be a few weeks before they arrive, should i go ahead and just put OME 884 on my Bilsteins or wait for the Eibachs. I just got new rims and tires and would like to get it aligned with all new back on it so waiting for these Eibachs is driving me insane!! I need your help peoples

2. May 5, 2011 at 10:27 AM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    i would wait

3. May 5, 2011 at 10:42 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    What do you want the lift for and how are you setting everything up? I don't have any first hand experience with OME coils but the Eibachs are great on the road. I can't see them being a ton of fun off road though. They don't provide a lot of lift (which is why I went with them) and they keep the truck pretty planted on the pavement.

As far as OME, I believe they recommend 885's for the double cabs. The OME coils will lift the truck more than the Eibachs (unless you were planning on setting the 5100's at .85 with the Eibach coils). I think you're looking at 2 good products and can't go wrong with quality either way, it just depends on what you want them for. If you think you'll be happy with OME coils, I'd go for it!

4. May 5, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100's, OME 885X Coils, Dakar HD Springs, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Magnaflow exhaust, Volant Intake, OKledlight pods, Front Skid Plate, Weathertec Floor Liners, Custom Bed Rack, TRD Nation interior LED dome kit, 4X innovations sliders, DIY Roof Rack, Smittybilt RTT.
    Planed on setting the Eibachs with the .85 billy settings... I'm on Road most of the time... No hard core wheeling, but i do get out and play in it and do ride a lot of quads so i will be off road with it... If the Eibachs are way better on road then that might be the best bet.. I'm looking to get a little lift on my truck, but most of all just have it level and sitting "Nice" not the jacked up look where you can tell its lifted just at first glance.

5. May 5, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    how about OME 886s with 5100s set at 0'? how many inches is that?

6. May 5, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    You're not supposed to run the 886's with 5100's .

Use the OME shocks

7. May 5, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Get the Eibachs at 0 then. You'll have to really look at it to tell it's lifted.

That's just crazy talk :eek:

8. May 5, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:

I want it a little lifted.. Just not crazy like 3"+ I'd like to stay around 2.5" or so... Everything i'm looking to get is out of stock right now.. The Eibachs, Ballistic Wheels, I can't find nothing! :mad:

9. May 5, 2011 at 11:12 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    That sucks, good luck and I hope you find your parts! I've got Eibachs with 5100's at 0 and I gained right about 2". I think over a new stock set-up I would have been just under 2" as advertised but the coils I replaced were over 3 years old and have probably settled some. I don't think the OME coils would be a bad option for you at all if you want to be at 2.5". Do some research on the 884's vs. 885's on a double cab.

10. May 5, 2011 at 9:01 PM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Yeah i seen a buy post after putting his 885's on and seems to me he gained around 2" by just guessing the picture could have been more or less.. But your right, they do recommend the 885's for the DC

11. May 5, 2011 at 9:18 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Stock supension

[​IMG]

885's , OME shocks and Dakars

[​IMG]

With cap weight

[​IMG]

12. May 6, 2011 at 1:41 PM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:

Hmmm i like:cool:

13. May 6, 2011 at 5:35 PM
    elwood

elwood "Really, how hard can it be?" Jeremy Clarkson

Member:
    First Name:
    Neal
    ont, canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 SR5 4x4 LB
    K/N cold air intake, leer cap, running boards, nose gaurd,E brake control, mud flap cut, suspension tsb, Rear diff breather mod,Factory Fog lights, Factory front diff cover
    [​IMG]

884 on 9000 and tsb aal c/w n-182

14. May 7, 2011 at 9:15 AM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    This is to close of a race you all are not helping me at the moment! lol

15. May 7, 2011 at 8:59 PM
    bobfm10350

bobfm10350 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Deric
    Austin Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Off Road
    Access Limited Tonneau, Hawk LTS Brake Pads, SP Performance Slotted Rotors, Goodrich G-Stop Brake Lines, Thule Roof Rack, Bilstein 5100s Front and Rear, Eibach Coil Springs, Cabela's Floor Mats, 265-75-16 Duratracs, Fog Light Anytime Mod, D-Rings Mod, USA Spec PA15 TOY Ipod Adapter, Gorilla Lock Nuts, K&N Drop-In Air Filter, Wet Okole Seat Covers Front & Rear, Toytec 1.5" AAL, Viper 5901 Car Alarm
    IMHO, if you get OME coils get OME shocks I wouldn't want the OMEs on the bilsteins. Wait for the eibachs you wont be disappointed

16. May 8, 2011 at 7:58 AM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:

I've heard that as well, but so many people on here are running Bilsteins with OME's and say that they haven't had any problems with them at all and really like the setup.

17. May 8, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    bobfm10350

bobfm10350 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Deric
    Austin Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Off Road
    Access Limited Tonneau, Hawk LTS Brake Pads, SP Performance Slotted Rotors, Goodrich G-Stop Brake Lines, Thule Roof Rack, Bilstein 5100s Front and Rear, Eibach Coil Springs, Cabela's Floor Mats, 265-75-16 Duratracs, Fog Light Anytime Mod, D-Rings Mod, USA Spec PA15 TOY Ipod Adapter, Gorilla Lock Nuts, K&N Drop-In Air Filter, Wet Okole Seat Covers Front & Rear, Toytec 1.5" AAL, Viper 5901 Car Alarm
    Although people are able to use the ome coils and bilstein shocks together without issues, the question remains that if they were to use ome shocks with the ome coils could they possibly achieve even better results than with the ome/bilstein combo. So essentially even if it will work fine with ome/bilstein it is possible that ome/ome may perform better. And I have no experience with ome coils or shocks so who knows, the difference may be so small between the two that it doesnt even matter but personally that would just be one of those "what if it did it the other way" kinda things that would be nagging me the whole time. Anyways I have bilsteins @ 0 with eibachs and the ride is awesome. I wouldnt have done it any other way.

18. May 8, 2011 at 8:47 PM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:

Right.. Not even that but i would tell myself what if i went with the Eibachs instead of buying these OME's.. Your always going to question what you have run or what you should run. Yes they have the same name and i'm sure would coexist better with each other since they are made for each other, but there is always what if... If ya get what i'm saying

19. May 13, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Ok guys, this wait is really starting to kill me.. I've decided i was going to give it to the beginning of next week and if the Eibach's are not in yet i'm just going to jump on some OME 885's for the Billies.. I know they are not specifically for the Billies but my tires are getting real bad and i just had to put the spare on because one had a small hole in it and there is no need in patching a bad tire.. Hopefully they might be in by then but if not, looks like the OME's might be put on order.

20. May 13, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    I assume you mean "backordered" and not "discontinued". Discontinued means they won't be making anymore and you won't be able to buy them period.

Products Discussed in

To Top