Wait or Eibachs or pull the gun!

View Poll Results: Which Way?
Wait!! You impatient Homo! 13 41.94%
Go with the OME's Fo Sho! 12 38.71%
Doesn't matter Either or... (My truck looks better anyway) 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Wait or Eibachs or pull the gun!

With Eibachs being discontinued and toytec saying it will be a few weeks before they arrive, should i go ahead and just put OME 884 on my Bilsteins or wait for the Eibachs. I just got new rims and tires and would like to get it aligned with all new back on it so waiting for these Eibachs is driving me insane!! I need your help peoples
Old 05-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
i would wait
Old 05-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
What do you want the lift for and how are you setting everything up? I don't have any first hand experience with OME coils but the Eibachs are great on the road. I can't see them being a ton of fun off road though. They don't provide a lot of lift (which is why I went with them) and they keep the truck pretty planted on the pavement.

As far as OME, I believe they recommend 885's for the double cabs. The OME coils will lift the truck more than the Eibachs (unless you were planning on setting the 5100's at .85 with the Eibach coils). I think you're looking at 2 good products and can't go wrong with quality either way, it just depends on what you want them for. If you think you'll be happy with OME coils, I'd go for it!
Old 05-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Planed on setting the Eibachs with the .85 billy settings... I'm on Road most of the time... No hard core wheeling, but i do get out and play in it and do ride a lot of quads so i will be off road with it... If the Eibachs are way better on road then that might be the best bet.. I'm looking to get a little lift on my truck, but most of all just have it level and sitting "Nice" not the jacked up look where you can tell its lifted just at first glance.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
how about OME 886s with 5100s set at 0'? how many inches is that?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
You're not supposed to run the 886's with 5100's .

Use the OME shocks
Old 05-05-2011, 11:05 AM   #7
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfzdrag3 View Post
Planed on setting the Eibachs with the .85 billy settings... I'm on Road most of the time... No hard core wheeling, but i do get out and play in it and do ride a lot of quads so i will be off road with it... If the Eibachs are way better on road then that might be the best bet.. I'm looking to get a little lift on my truck, but most of all just have it level and sitting "Nice" not the jacked up look where you can tell its lifted just at first glance.
Get the Eibachs at 0 then. You'll have to really look at it to tell it's lifted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
That's just crazy talk
Old 05-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Get the Eibachs at 0 then. You'll have to really look at it to tell it's lifted.

That's just crazy talk

I want it a little lifted.. Just not crazy like 3"+ I'd like to stay around 2.5" or so... Everything i'm looking to get is out of stock right now.. The Eibachs, Ballistic Wheels, I can't find nothing!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfzdrag3 View Post
I want it a little lifted.. Just not crazy like 3"+ I'd like to stay around 2.5" or so... Everything i'm looking to get is out of stock right now.. The Eibachs, Ballistic Wheels, I can't find nothing!
That sucks, good luck and I hope you find your parts! I've got Eibachs with 5100's at 0 and I gained right about 2". I think over a new stock set-up I would have been just under 2" as advertised but the coils I replaced were over 3 years old and have probably settled some. I don't think the OME coils would be a bad option for you at all if you want to be at 2.5". Do some research on the 884's vs. 885's on a double cab.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #10

Yeah i seen a buy post after putting his 885's on and seems to me he gained around 2" by just guessing the picture could have been more or less.. But your right, they do recommend the 885's for the DC
Old 05-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #11
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Stock supension

885's , OME shocks and Dakars

With cap weight

Old 05-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Stock supension

885's , OME shocks and Dakars

With cap weight

Hmmm i like
Old 05-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #13
"Really, how hard can it be?" Jeremy Clarkson
elwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Neal
elwood's Tacoma Gallery

884 on 9000 and tsb aal c/w n-182
Old 05-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #14

This is to close of a race you all are not helping me at the moment! lol
Old 05-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfm10350 View Post
IMHO, if you get OME coils get OME shocks I wouldn't want the OMEs on the bilsteins. Wait for the eibachs you wont be disappointed

I've heard that as well, but so many people on here are running Bilsteins with OME's and say that they haven't had any problems with them at all and really like the setup.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #17
bobfm10350 is on a distinguished road

Name: Deric
bobfm10350's Tacoma Gallery
Although people are able to use the ome coils and bilstein shocks together without issues, the question remains that if they were to use ome shocks with the ome coils could they possibly achieve even better results than with the ome/bilstein combo. So essentially even if it will work fine with ome/bilstein it is possible that ome/ome may perform better. And I have no experience with ome coils or shocks so who knows, the difference may be so small between the two that it doesnt even matter but personally that would just be one of those "what if it did it the other way" kinda things that would be nagging me the whole time. Anyways I have bilsteins @ 0 with eibachs and the ride is awesome. I wouldnt have done it any other way.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfm10350 View Post
Although people are able to use the ome coils and bilstein shocks together without issues, the question remains that if they were to use ome shocks with the ome coils could they possibly achieve even better results than with the ome/bilstein combo. So essentially even if it will work fine with ome/bilstein it is possible that ome/ome may perform better. And I have no experience with ome coils or shocks so who knows, the difference may be so small between the two that it doesnt even matter but personally that would just be one of those "what if it did it the other way" kinda things that would be nagging me the whole time. Anyways I have bilsteins @ 0 with eibachs and the ride is awesome. I wouldnt have done it any other way.

Right.. Not even that but i would tell myself what if i went with the Eibachs instead of buying these OME's.. Your always going to question what you have run or what you should run. Yes they have the same name and i'm sure would coexist better with each other since they are made for each other, but there is always what if... If ya get what i'm saying
Old 05-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #19

Ok guys, this wait is really starting to kill me.. I've decided i was going to give it to the beginning of next week and if the Eibach's are not in yet i'm just going to jump on some OME 885's for the Billies.. I know they are not specifically for the Billies but my tires are getting real bad and i just had to put the spare on because one had a small hole in it and there is no need in patching a bad tire.. Hopefully they might be in by then but if not, looks like the OME's might be put on order.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #20
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
With Eibachs being discontinued and toytec saying it will be a few weeks before they arrive,
I assume you mean "backordered" and not "discontinued". Discontinued means they won't be making anymore and you won't be able to buy them period.