Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100s & OME 881 Coils

Old 05-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100s & OME 881 Coils

So, I found some Billy's and a set of OME 881s at a good deal on Craigslist.

My question is: Will these work together?

My follow up question is: Will I need aftermarket UCA's because of the new coils?

I'm not planning to lift much, if at all, and run 265/75/16 tires.

Thanks for any and all input.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Edit. They wont work.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
they will not work on your '07.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
they will not work on your '07.

edit maybe i'm wrong again lol.
My Bad. Your right. They wont work on the second gens. For some reason, I thought he had a first genner.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
My Bad. Your right. They wont work on the second gens. For some reason, I thought he had a first genner.
Im right?!?!

Finally redeemed myself lol
Old 05-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Im right?!?!

Old 05-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #7
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im right?!?!

I'm surprised Chris didn't delete your post and edit his to reflect the correct answer.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #8
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
I'm surprised Chris didn't delete your post and edit his to reflect the correct answer.
lol he would if I was cmack. "One of the mods" seems to like editing his posts to make them hilarious.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #9
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks guys.

Maybe I'll spring for the Billy's and just order some 885s or 886s. Same questions, though. Will that combo work?
Old 05-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dart View Post
Thanks guys.

Maybe I'll spring for the Billy's and just order some 885s or 886s. Same questions, though. Will that combo work?
yeah....that will work, but be sure to set the billys to "0".(bottom setting......dont wanna preload the springs)
Old 05-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yeah....that will work, but be sure to set the billys to "0".(bottom setting......dont wanna preload the springs)
Yeah. I don't really want to lift at all, just a better shock.

Will my stock UCAs work with the coils, or will I need aftermarket ones?
Old 05-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dart View Post
Yeah. I don't really want to lift at all, just a better shock.

Will my stock UCAs work with the coils, or will I need aftermarket ones?
if you are wanting a better shock and dont wanna lift....just go with the billys and your stock coils, cause with the 885 or 886 coils...you will get some lift, and without weight in the front of your truck(bull bar/winch/etc)...the ride can get rough.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
if you are wanting a better shock and dont wanna lift....just go with the billys and your stock coils, cause with the 885 or 886 coils...you will get some lift, and without weight in the front of your truck(bull bar/winch/etc)...the ride can get rough.
Great, thanks!

I'm eventually going to add a bumper like an All Pro or Relentless, but I'll probably upgrade to a full OME before that. Thanks for the input!