1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No rear lift? Question about AALs...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by methzod, May 5, 2011.

1. May 5, 2011 at 2:06 PM
    methzod

methzod [OP] New Member

Member:
    Howdy. First post, long time lurker. I've decided to purchase my leased 2008 access cab and I'm going to lift it. Here's what I've decided on...

5100s Front and Rear (front set at 0)
    OME 885 springs (I guess the newest ones give 3" of lift now?)
    Wheelers Offroad 1.5" AAL (I don't want to hassle with the TSB ordeal)

I'm sick of the stock rake the truck has and would like to have it sit 1" higher in the front. A very slight lean.

So, my question is this: Should I even bother with the AAL to achieve my goal? I've done alot of research/browsing, but I cannot find a definite answer.

Also, is it safe to run just the 5100s (front and rear) and the 885s without a rear TSB/AAL/lift?

2. May 5, 2011 at 2:19 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    You can run a lift in the front w/out the rear AAL but you'll be nose high. Have you thought about putting the OME coils on the nitrochargers (OME's strut) vs. the bilsteins? The 3-leaf AAL is nice and if you want to be level or close to it with 885's in the front, the AAL isn't a bad idea.

3. May 5, 2011 at 2:38 PM
    methzod

methzod [OP] New Member

Member:
    Yeah, I figure I'll be nose high, but I just want about 1" of height in the front. I haven't looked the OME struts yet, I'll do some research on those, but I'm pretty much sold on the 5100s (although nobody seems to have them yet :mad:)

I found this post a few minutes ago

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/144193-ome-885s-billies-aal.html

ColtsTRD says he has 885s and 5100s all around w/o the TSB and he installed the 2" AAL and you see in the pictures he's slightly nose high (which looks good to me). He also posted older pictures where he is more level. I'm thinking now that the 1.5" Wheelers Offroad AAL ( ) makes sense.

Thanks for the quick reply.

4. May 5, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I believe the 885 coils themselves give you about 2.5"s of lift and you need to add the top plate spacer to get a full 3". Thats the setup I have on my truck. If you go with an 1.5" AAL, then yes, your nose will sit slightly higher. But if I were you, I would def get an AAL and not just raise your truck up front.

5. May 5, 2011 at 2:46 PM
    methzod

methzod [OP] New Member

Member:
    I spoke to the guy at Wheelers yesterday and he said the newest version of the OME 885 coils give 3" in of lift by themselves and told me to definitely set the front 5100s at zero (of course). And because of the new design, he said they do not require top spacers anymore. And I agree with you too, the AAL makes sense to me now. Thanks for all the info and help.

6. May 5, 2011 at 2:49 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Oh okay got yah. Yeah maybe the new 885's are different. But def get an AAL, it will sit looking way weird if you dont.

7. May 6, 2011 at 11:39 AM
    elwood

elwood "Really, how hard can it be?" Jeremy Clarkson

Member:
    First Name:
    Neal
    ont, canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 SR5 4x4 LB
    K/N cold air intake, leer cap, running boards, nose gaurd,E brake control, mud flap cut, suspension tsb, Rear diff breather mod,Factory Fog lights, Factory front diff cover
    [​IMG]

This was mine half way thru the install. 884 on 9000 shock installed and stock tsb rear. I was thinking it looked not bad and pretty much level before the aal went in. Had thought this could be another way for people to level the truck instead of a spacer. Just thought you might wanted to see this. My floor slopes to the door and those are stock tires. Good luck.
    Cheers:)

Products Discussed in

To Top