Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

REVTEK 3'' lift kit??

Old 05-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
FriscoTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Philip
FriscoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
REVTEK 3'' lift kit??

anyone here have the REVTEK 3'' lift kit?? If so i have a few questions. How is the ride quality compaired to stock??

and can someone post up some pics??

i dont even have 300 miles on mine yet so im not going to get new wheels and tires till i need new tires..so if anyone has any pics with stock wheels and tires that would be great also.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
Don't waste your money. i had that set up when i bought my truck and dealer installed that because i did not know any better. its ok if your a mall crawler but if you plan on doing any wheeling your going to regret it. i upgraded to toytec ultimate lift kit.
revtec> stock wheels and 265 mud tires
Attached Thumbnails
REVTEK 3'' lift kit??-dsc_1255.jpg  
Old 05-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
prob wont do anything off road..just going for the look.. i had a tundra before and hate how low the tacoma is...i feel like im getting in and out of a car and not a truck
Old 05-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Don't do it, even sucks on road!
Old 05-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
toyotakits is on a distinguished road
toyotakits's Tacoma Gallery
The Revtek kit is a great all around kit. A number of people had them on vehicles in Moab this year. It is the only kit backed by Toyota for dealer installation. For more pictures check them out on Facebook.
Attached Thumbnails
REVTEK 3'' lift kit??-tacored1.jpg   REVTEK 3'' lift kit??-moab2011.1.jpg  
Old 05-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #6
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bloodshart
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I ran the Revtek for almost a year, and it did the job. The ride was significantly firmer than stock, but I just got used to it. Actually, because the shocks were pre-loaded, I could corner tighter than stock and had no body roll. I put it on just so I could fit 285/70/17 tires, but that's it. Had I known I could have done it right for just a couple hundred bucks more, I definitely would have waited another paycheck and just did it right.

I wheeled my Revtek kit pretty hard and luckily I didn't have any issues nor did I blow my factory shocks or anything else. Granted I did more trail crawling than running, and hitting anything at higher speeds would have probably done some good damage.

FYI, I also had a 2" AAL installed at the same time to level it out. Total installed was $700 (included alignment), but for only about $400 more I could have had a much better setup (which I have now )
Old 05-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
booboy is on a distinguished road

booboy's Tacoma Gallery
I currently have the Revtek setup on my truck right now and have no complaints. I think it rides smooth but I don't know any better since I've never driven or rode in a vehicle that was lifted. I don't do much offroading and haven't driven a Tacoma with a stock suspension so I wouldn't be able to tell you how the ride feels with or without. I'd post some pics but unfortunately, I'm at work supposed to be working. HAA!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotakits View Post
The Revtek kit is a great all around kit. A number of people had them on vehicles in Moab this year. It is the only kit backed by Toyota for dealer installation. For more pictures check them out on Facebook.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post2853169

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post2855084

Old 05-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
Bamfs01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamfs01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamfs01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamfs01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamfs01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamfs01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamfs01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamfs01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamfs01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamfs01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamfs01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bamfs01's Tacoma Gallery
I just replaced the Revtek lift that came on mine from the dealership. I have the TRD coilovers sitting in my basement if you wanna buy em. 1,500 miles on em. Just swap out yours.

I also have the blocks that were on the rear.

PM me if you're interested.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #10
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #11
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Readylift is also found in many dealers. Not sure if they have full Toyota endorsement.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dealers use them because they are cheap, and they can get huge profit margin on them. Functionally, They are NO different than any other silly spacer out there. They preload the OEM spring an aditional 1.5", thus giving lift. When used with OEM shocks, that are in no way designed to dampen the increased spring rate, they ride horrible off road, and can be pretty hard to deal with on road.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
good info
Old 05-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #14
Went with the RCD lift...everyone says it gives the best onroad ride quality.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:45 PM   #15
RedTacoKid1411 is on a distinguished road

Name: Luke
RedTacoKid1411's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
Don't waste your money. i had that set up when i bought my truck and dealer installed that because i did not know any better. its ok if your a mall crawler but if you plan on doing any wheeling your going to regret it. i upgraded to toytec ultimate lift kit.
revtec> stock wheels and 265 mud tires
Im thinking about getting a 3" lift, but my dad keeps telling me my 365 tires will look too small. Do you have anymore pictures with those tires and that 3" lift? I'd love to see some more.