Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100's @ 0 with OME 885's = Awesome!

Old 05-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
TRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to all

TRDSPORTtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up 5100's @ 0 with OME 885's = Awesome!

So after getting upset about my 5100's being crap with stock coils at 2.5" I went ahead and listen to Chris4x4 and ordered the 885's. I've had them on now for like 2 weeks and they ride AWESOME! I no longer feel like my back is going to break when hitting bumps.

I got 3" of lift with them and the spacer from Toytec.

If anybody is considering this combo you wont regret it at all! Rides so smooth yet beefy at the same time. Totally worth the money!

Old 05-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
Cannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Cannonball's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same setup. Feels great. Though I did notice that I have topped out the fronts going over speed humps fast. I am going to be putting on a plate bumper and winch (+886s) and am thinking I will definately need something with more rebound dampening. Till then all is good.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I have had that same setup for about 2.5 years and its still great!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Linear vs. progressive. I'm thinkin about puttin my base model tokico linear springs on my 5100s @ 2.5 and taking the TRD progressives off. Should be same effect only still 2.5 instead of 3" but.................prerunner daily driver more than an offroad toy so procrastination & higher priority projects in control.

Haven't checked with chris4x4 to see that's OK yet either.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
TRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to all

I love it! The TC Uppers/5100's all around/885's was totally worth the $1000 I spent on them.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
What size spacers did you put on with it?
Old 05-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #7

The Toytech top plate spacer is a half inch. I measured it before putting on.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Ok. So following the 2:1 rule, if you didnt put the spacer in you would expect 2" of lift?
Old 05-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDSPORTtaco View Post
The Toytech top plate spacer is a half inch. I measured it before putting on.
Isn't the Toytec spacer 3/8" to deliver a 3/4" lift ?
Old 05-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Isn't the Toytec spacer 3/8" to deliver a 3/4" lift ?
1/4 to give 1/2 lift............if you mean the taco lean spacer.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #11
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
1/4 to give 1/2 lift............if you mean the taco lean spacer.
I thought the top spacer for the full 3" lift is 3/8" , they also offer the 1/4" spacer for taco lean .
Old 05-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #12
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bloodshart
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5100's and 885's as well, but running Light Racing UCAs. I had a 1/4" top plate spacer put on the driver's side to comp for the "lean". I LOVE the ride (got rid of the Revtek spacer lift). When I had everything put on at first, I had the 5100's set at 0 (also per Chris4x4's recommendation). I recently added the All-Pro bumper and a winch so it added another 200# up front which made it sag almost a full inch, so I had the 5100's reset at .85 and it leveled out perfect and still rides just as nice as at 0.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #13
Tacohead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
I have 5100's and 885's as well, but running Light Racing UCAs. I had a 1/4" top plate spacer put on the driver's side to comp for the "lean". I LOVE the ride (got rid of the Revtek spacer lift). When I had everything put on at first, I had the 5100's set at 0 (also per Chris4x4's recommendation). I recently added the All-Pro bumper and a winch so it added another 200# up front which made it sag almost a full inch, so I had the 5100's reset at .85 and it leveled out perfect and still rides just as nice as at 0.

What height were you at after the install? And after you added armor?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I was under the impression that preloading the 885's with the billies was no bueno .
Old 05-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #15
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I was sitting at 2 7/8" of lift when set at 0, and after adding the bumper/winch/skidplate/sliders and setting at .85, I am at an exact 3" of lift.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #16
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for updated photos OP (PLLEEEAASE!) i like the sound of this. hopefully i'll be able to do pretty much that in a year or two.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
I was sitting at 2 7/8" of lift when set at 0, and after adding the bumper/winch/skidplate/sliders and setting at .85, I am at an exact 3" of lift.
But , with an inch less down travel ?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #18

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
But , with an inch less down travel ?
Well you do lose the extra travel but I'm ok with that. Not like I'm gonna be running the Baja any time soon especially with all of that weight. I just wanted the approach angles from the extra clearance as I'm more of a crawler than a runner.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757southpaw View Post
OP...were the TC UCA's necessary to fit the 885's?
No.