Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

leaf pack looks flat

Old 05-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
willimatic's Tacoma Gallery
leaf pack looks flat

I am in the process of planning my lift, I've posted a few times about this and have determined I'm getting 5100's eibach/884s (haven't decided yet) and an AAL from toytec.

BUT, I was looking under my truck and my leaf springs look pretty sad, literally. They don't have much arch to them anymore, almost flat.

Will a AAL even help, or am I going to have to save and invest in a new leaf pack all together?

What leaf packs do you all rec'd? I do 99% street driving, and was going to add a 1.5" AAL from toytec originally.

Any input would be great.

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If you are going to be using the tacoma for street use only I would get an add a leaf.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
I installed my AAL 2 years ago and I'm ditching them. Building my own junkyard leaf pack. Stronger and cheaper. But get and use whatever you would like.
The AAL are strong but the leaf floats over the AAL and rests on the leading edges of the AAL causing it to bend and deform at those locations.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

I was also thinking about getting a 1.5" 3 leaf progressive now instead of just a 1.5" AAL. I haul stuff pretty regularly and I don't think I bottom out but they look shot to my untrained eye, but I don't really recall what they looked like new.

Here are pics from today, do they look shot or still ok? They are non TSB.
Attached Thumbnails
leaf pack looks flat-mail-1.jpeg   leaf pack looks flat-mail.jpeg  
Old 05-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
they look fine.....weird that there is only 2 leafs! even my 04 has 3 leafs. Maybe they are thicker? Haven't looked closely at the newer models.
I would still get something? Your a great candidate for junkyard springs... LOL!
Old 05-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #6

subbed