LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

thinking about a "lift"

Old 05-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Bfoster133's Tacoma Gallery
thinking about a "lift"

5100's set at 2.5
and a 1.5 AAL (toytech or procomp)(suggest another?)

i have a 11' TRD offroad prerunner
im trying to level the truck and also lift it a little just for some clearance,

so my question is, is there anything i need to worry about?

anything to look out for? problems?

just thought to ask you guys first before diving in

ANY thoughts, opinions, complaints welcome
Old 05-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster133 View Post
Well not really a lift but more like
5100's set at 2.5
and a 1.5 AAL (toytech or procomp)(suggest another?)

im trying to level the truck and also lift it a little just for some clearance,

so my question is, is there anything i need to worry about?

anything to look out for? problems?

just thought to ask you guys first before diving in

ANY thoughts, opinions, complaints welcome
How are 5100's not a lift

At 2.5" you may need new ucas to get your alignment into spec.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
How are 5100's not a lift

At 2.5" you may need new ucas to get your alignment into spec.
well its not a full blown lift, while it does raise the truck i dont really consider it a "lift" lift, as opposed to 3" 6" etc.
and ive heard that your fine with the stock UCA's untill around 3" but its debate amongst here
----------------------------

fixed
Old 05-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
WTF? Who gave this 5 stars?
Old 05-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well its not a full blown lift, while it does raise the truck i dont really consider it a "lift" lift, as opposed to 3" 6" etc

It's way more of a "lift" than any 6" drop bracket...
Old 05-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #6

Quote:

ok ok ok i fixed the post hahah

and as to who gave it 5 stars
Old 05-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

x2
Old 05-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #8

ok so any inputs?
Old 05-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #9

i understand it is a lift
Old 05-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #10
SR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on what KPT says. at 2.5 you MIGHT need UCA's. All depends on the individual truck. Some do, some dont. Thats why I went with 1.75" and the rear spring TSB which is about an 1". You might want to look into if the rear spring TSB is out there for the '11s. If so, its a free rear lift and will improve the ride and load capacity of your truck.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR54x4 View Post
x2 on what KPT says. at 2.5 you MIGHT need UCA's. All depends on the individual truck. Some do, some dont. Thats why I went with 1.75" and the rear spring TSB which is about an 1". You might want to look into if the rear spring TSB is out there for the '11s. If so, its a free rear lift and will improve the ride and load capacity of your truck.
what would indicate if i need the new uca's? just the angle of them when the lift is installed?
Old 05-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #12
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what would indicate if i need the new uca's? just the angle of them when the lift is installed?
The alignment shop won't be able to get you in spec.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #13
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For a minute, I thought you had measured your truck. And were telling us you had the eleven foot long version, as in whether it was short or longbed. And then I wondered how you chopped the bed to get it to eleven feet, but didn't add a lift yet!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
For a minute, I thought you had measured your truck. And were telling us you had the eleven foot long version, as in whether it was short or longbed. And then I wondered how you chopped the bed to get it to eleven feet, but didn't add a lift yet!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #15
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post

Your just a rahtard if you thought all of that instead it was a 2011 model..

Just sayin.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #16
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
"Your" just a "rahtard" if you don't know the difference between "you're" and "your", chief. ;-)
Old 05-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfzdrag3 View Post
Your just a rahtard if you thought all of that instead it was a 2011 model..

Just sayin.
and your a dumbass for not knowing how to spell "retard" correctly.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #18
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Ha ha now this is a five star threAd now....
Old 05-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #19
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
since when did "thread" have a capitol "A"?
Old 05-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #20
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Jesus you guys sound like a bunch of high school girls picking at eachother

but speaking of high school girls..........

God, I'm such an old perv....