Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Squeaky Dakars : Any advice from others with the Dakars ?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #241
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
9 posts up
Gotcha. Sry....not sure how i missed that. I've been reading threads on multiple things and cramming like I was about to take an exam. lol
I want to be prepared as much as possible prior to my install.
Thanks for your help
Old 04-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #242
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheosTaco View Post
Gotcha. Sry....not sure how i missed that. I've been reading threads on multiple things and cramming like I was about to take an exam. lol
I want to be prepared as much as possible prior to my install.
Thanks for your help

No problem

Good luck
Old 04-21-2014, 08:53 AM   #243
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I did the preventative maintenance to my Dakar Leafs as recommended

Thanks to geekhouse23, I was able to get the Pond Liner Strips a lot easier....Good looking out man, Much appreciated!!

Thank you OZ-T for providing us with the fix to this issue & all the feedback.

Attached Thumbnails
Squeaky Dakars : Any advice from others with the Dakars ?-dakars-redone.jpg  
Old 04-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #244
jtacoma1 is on a distinguished road
Name: J
jtacoma1's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 04-24-2014, 08:38 PM   #245
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Damn. Thanks oz. Did you put anything in there to hold it in place or just shear pressure from the leafs doing the job? Mine are squeaking like hell and makes my almost new truck sound worn out.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:40 PM   #246
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlife View Post
Damn. Thanks oz. Did you put anything in there to hold it in place or just shear pressure from the leafs doing the job? Mine are squeaking like hell and makes my almost new truck sound worn out.

Some of the more recent posters have used an adhesive backed EPDM , mine are just pinched in there
Old 04-26-2014, 04:22 PM   #247

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
So I finally got around to replacing my worn out EPDM strips today after listening to the squeaky squeaky for about a month , I almost forgot how nice and silent the truck could be , while I was replacing the strips I sprayed a bunch of Rust Cure Formula 3000 between the leafs and all over the leaf packs
Old 04-26-2014, 04:49 PM   #248
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, great!
I just put my Old Man Emu kit on yesterday.
I totally forgot about this thread.
Fingers crossed. (No squeak , No squeak )
Old 04-26-2014, 04:51 PM   #249

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysuncle View Post
Oh, great!
I just put my Old Man Emu kit on yesterday.
I totally forgot about this thread.
Fingers crossed. (No squeak , No squeak )

You can do it with the leafs installed , I just replaced my strips in my driveway , took 25-30 minutes tops
Old 04-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #251

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlife View Post
Where did you get the epdm from? I got a tractor inner tube this past weekend but don't think it is going help

There's a link a page or two back where people have purchased online , I just bought a small piece at my local lumber yard , they sell it by the foot
Old 04-28-2014, 04:29 PM   #252
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Tractor tire tube will work fine. It's the same material just in a different shape.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:32 PM   #253
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Some of the more recent posters have used an adhesive backed EPDM , mine are just pinched in there
Oz they were probably using a roof flashing. We use a lot of firestone products and they make various sizes of flashings that just require a clean surface with their primer scrubbed on then peel the paper backing off and stick the flashing.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:36 PM   #254

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
Oz they were probably using a roof flashing. We use a lot of firestone products and they make various sizes of flashings that just require a clean surface with their primer scrubbed on then peel the paper backing off and stick the flashing.

http://m.grainger.com/mobile/product/Rubber-1MYJ4
Old 04-28-2014, 04:42 PM   #255
"the soulless ginger"

Hmmm never knew it was sold like that. Thanks for the heads up
Old 05-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #256
The Anti-Bling

Are there torque specifications for the bolts on the Dakar Leaf pack?
Meaning, do I need to torque the bolt that goes on the center pin down or any other bolt on the leaf pack?

I'm trying to have everything all ready & tightened up for install day
Old 05-03-2014, 03:17 PM   #257
Last Straw of Brittfartikus
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheosTaco View Post
Are there torque specifications for the bolts on the Dakar Leaf pack?
Meaning, do I need to torque the bolt that goes on the center pin down or any other bolt on the leaf pack?

I'm trying to have everything all ready & tightened up for install day
The Factory Service Manual doesn't list a torque spec for the center bolt, and I haven't seen a published one for the OME part. I used 30ft/lbs and called it good.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:09 PM   #260
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Funny. Every time my Dakars get squeaky, I know it's time to wash my truck. I juts hit the Dakars with the spray nozzle and the squeak goes away until it's time for another washing

Products Discussed in this Thread