Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Squeaky Dakars : Any advice from others with the Dakars ?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2014, 04:32 PM   #241
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Some of the more recent posters have used an adhesive backed EPDM , mine are just pinched in there
Oz they were probably using a roof flashing. We use a lot of firestone products and they make various sizes of flashings that just require a clean surface with their primer scrubbed on then peel the paper backing off and stick the flashing.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:36 PM   #242
All of those moments....will be lost.....in time
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
Oz they were probably using a roof flashing. We use a lot of firestone products and they make various sizes of flashings that just require a clean surface with their primer scrubbed on then peel the paper backing off and stick the flashing.

http://m.grainger.com/mobile/product/Rubber-1MYJ4
Old 04-28-2014, 04:42 PM   #243
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm never knew it was sold like that. Thanks for the heads up
Old 05-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #244
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Are there torque specifications for the bolts on the Dakar Leaf pack?
Meaning, do I need to torque the bolt that goes on the center pin down or any other bolt on the leaf pack?

I'm trying to have everything all ready & tightened up for install day
Old 05-03-2014, 03:17 PM   #245
Son of MD
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheosTaco View Post
Are there torque specifications for the bolts on the Dakar Leaf pack?
Meaning, do I need to torque the bolt that goes on the center pin down or any other bolt on the leaf pack?

I'm trying to have everything all ready & tightened up for install day
The Factory Service Manual doesn't list a torque spec for the center bolt, and I haven't seen a published one for the OME part. I used 30ft/lbs and called it good.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:09 PM   #248
I need gas money
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Funny. Every time my Dakars get squeaky, I know it's time to wash my truck. I juts hit the Dakars with the spray nozzle and the squeak goes away until it's time for another washing
Old 05-04-2014, 10:17 PM   #249
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaqori View Post
Funny. Every time my Dakars get squeaky, I know it's time to wash my truck. I juts hit the Dakars with the spray nozzle and the squeak goes away until it's time for another washing

Hahahaha
Old 05-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #250
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

When I tooK my Dakars apart, I noticed that the center pin was bent. I was able to put everything back in place and all but was wondering if this will pose me a problem later down the road. What say you?
Old 05-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #251

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I would replace it if you haven't installed them yet
Old 05-09-2014, 04:55 PM   #252
The Anti-Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I would replace it if you haven't installed them yet
On the phone with ARB right now...
Old 05-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #253

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Squeaky Dakars : Any advice from others with the Dakars ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheosTaco View Post
On the phone with ARB right now...

Waiting with bated breath
Old 05-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #254
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Have any of y'all put the strips in place with the leaf packs still on the truck?
Old 05-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #255

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Have any of y'all put the strips in place with the leaf packs still on the truck?

I did
Old 05-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #256
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Any tricks into getting the leafs separated.....mine are pretty damn stiff and nearly impossible to separate...
Old 05-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #257

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Any tricks into getting the leafs separated.....mine are pretty damn stiff and nearly impossible to separate...

I drove a big screwdriver in from each side just ahead or behind of wear I wanted to slide in the EPDM strip
Old 05-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #258

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
I only got the screwdriver under one leaf....maybe I just need to beat the crap out of it to get it in there.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #259

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I only got the screwdriver under one leaf....maybe I just need to beat the crap out of it to get it in there.

I use a screwdriver from each side , do one leaf at a time , for instance , I pry apart the top leafs , slide the EPDM strip in , centring the strip , release that leaf , seperate the next ones down , slide the tail of the EPDM in from each side , release those ones
Old 05-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #260

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You can see how I tucked the bottom here

Products Discussed in this Thread