Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Squeaky Dakars : Any advice from others with the Dakars ?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #21
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
seems you've gotten enough good answers.. i believe its time for me to make this thread into a true informative thread
Old 05-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #22
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
I am the queen of the squeaky leaf springs....try this stuff...pry each layer apart and spray on all contact points of the leaf packs

Old 05-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #23
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Just plastidip the leafs bro, not only will they never squeek again, but you'll gain 250hp and 100mpg (378.9 liters)
Old 05-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #24
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
I am the queen of the squeaky leaf springs....try this stuff...pry each layer apart and spray on all contact points of the leaf packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Ive been using deep creep on my OE springs for a while now and while it doesn't last long it seems to work just fine compared to more expensive teflon sprays I tried. I now have to lube the leafs once a week if it's rainy or after every offroad trip.

Thanks
Old 05-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #25
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
I have tried every thing short of getting them teflon coated... My advice turn up the radio.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #26
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Wrap a towel around them, then wrap that in duct tape.

I've just gotten in the habit of spraying my springs down with a lube after every wash... whatever lube is closest when I reach: WD, Teflon, silicone, butter... makes them look new again and keeps them quiet.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:40 AM   #27
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonkey View Post
Just plastidip the leafs bro, not only will they never squeek again, but you'll gain 250hp and 100mpg (378.9 liters)
I think I'm gonna go get a bunch of cans of plastidip before that tip gets out and everyone runs like mad to get it! haha
Old 05-13-2011, 05:50 AM   #28
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
OZ, you figure anything out? Got a similar issue after an AAL last weekend.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #29
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBb View Post
OZ, you figure anything out? Got a similar issue after an AAL last weekend.
Lots of suggestions here , but all I have done so far is spray the mud out from between the leaves which works for a while.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:25 AM   #30
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
do you know if they are poly bushings? your supposed to use a composite type grease like lithium based grease with high graphite content and that will eliminate squeaks
Old 05-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #31

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
do you know if they are poly bushings? your supposed to use a composite type grease like lithium based grease with high graphite content and that will eliminate squeaks
Mine are the OEM bushings , we used the correct grease .
Old 05-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #32
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Mine just started squeaking yesterday

Haven't even been in mud or dirt yet.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #33
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Mine squeak. I have done nothing for it though. One day I might, if I remember while I'm not sitting down.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #34
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
that happend to mine also last yr when i installed mine, after a few trips on some trails and flexing them it just went away. standing on the tail gate and jumping up and down right after the install and they squeeked i was actually pissed. now i have no squeeks and did not do anything. Get on some trails and flex them bad boys and you should be ok.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #37
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Droop the suspension by putting jackstands under the frame and keeping the tires off the ground. Take large Screwdriver insert under leafs +pump full of brake grease. Done Repeat when leaves squeak again.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #38

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I went with spray on motorcyle chain lube .

It lasts well between the springs , the only place so far that comes back after a couple weeks is where the second leaf wraps the mounting eye at the front .

Just shot another spray in there yesterday

All quiet again

Old 06-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #39

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Update :

The spray Motorcycle chain lube seems to work great between the flat sections of the leafs .

Where I was getting a squeak that kept coming back was where the second leaf down from the top wraps the front hanger connection .

At first I thought it was the bushing in the front but it is outside the bushing , there is no isolator in this location .

I tried a variation on the bicycle innertube squeaky leaf fix and pried apart my leafs here by driving a screwdriver in between them .

I got some EPDM rubber pond liner , which is thicker material than the innertube , cut some 2" wide strips and worked it up in there where the wrap rests metal on metal .

Guess what ?

Silence .

It is pinched in there pretty good , I will leave them in there and see how it goes and how long they survive and report back .

Old 07-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #40

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Update #2

This EPDM gasket works great to eliminate the squeak I had , the only issue I see , is that the rubber strip tends to migrate towards the front of the leaf over a couple days with normal driving , I have moved both back into position once in the last week .

I am gonna try to figure out a way to restrain them because it is so awesome having a silent leaf pack !

Products Discussed in this Thread