Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Could I put on Billies set at 2.5" with my 884 coils?

Old 05-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
DestinTaco is on a distinguished road

DestinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Could I put on Billies set at 2.5" with my 884 coils?

or would that make my front end super high? What would I have to do to just have 2.5" of lift in the front if I got Billies? Would I just simply take off the 884's? Thanks.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't stack lifts! Anything that gets you over 3" of lift (without a drop bracket or SAS) will destroy your ball joints and/or make the ride unbearably rough and/or top out and damage your shocks.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post

Don't stack lifts! Anything that gets you over 3" of lift (without a drop bracket or SAS) will destroy your ball joints and/or make the ride unbearably rough and/or top out and damage your shocks.
I'm with ya...so if I got Billies and set them at 2.5" what would I do for coils?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #4
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinTaco View Post
or would that make my front end super high? What would I have to do to just have 2.5" of lift in the front if I got Billies? Would I just simply take off the 884's? Thanks.
Set the billes @ 0 with the 884's & get 2" of lift or remove the 884's & set the billies @ 2.5". May be able to set billies @ .75 & run the 884's not sure on that... PM Chris 4X4 that guy knows everything. Good luck!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #5
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=DestinTaco;3158914]I'm with ya...so if I got Billies and set them at 2.5" what would I do for coils?[/QUOTE

Get some stockers should't be hard to find on here with all the lifts people are running.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegdog View Post
Set the billes @ 0 with the 884's & get 2" of lift or remove the 884's & set the billies @ 2.5". May be able to set billies @ .75 & run the 884's not sure on that... PM Chris 4X4 that guy knows everything. Good luck!
If I remove the 884's and set the billies at 2.5, don't I still need coils to go with them?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:41 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If I remove the 884's and set the billies at 2.5, don't I still need coils to go with them?
Yes, he meant remove the 884's and use your stock coils if you want to set the Billies at 2.5.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #8
Taco Lover

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Yes, he meant remove the 884's and use your stock coils if you want to set the Billies at 2.5.
Thanks, I should have been more clear my bad.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:05 AM   #9
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Don't set the billies at .85 and run 884 coils! It's a really bad idea. If you set the 5100s at 2.5 id be REALLY interested in the 884s!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #10

Got it. Thanks for the help. I'm going to keep my 884's for a while. I'm just thinking ahead.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #11
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got it. Thanks for the help. I'm going to keep my 884's for a while. I'm just thinking ahead.
Damn, well keep me in mind if you decide to make the change!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Damn, well keep me in mind if you decide to make the change!
will do.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #13
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
Just stay with the 884's and the billes at zero, you get ~2" of lift yet keep the full movement of the shock. I bet you will be very happy with that setup. Anymore lift and you step up into another price range completely.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #14
Taco Lover

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb11701 View Post
Just stay with the 884's and the billes at zero, you get ~2" of lift yet keep the full movement of the shock. I bet you will be very happy with that setup. Anymore lift and you step up into another price range completely.
That's a good point, you will need new UCA's to get a decent alignment if you go above 2.5" also. If the 1st offer falls threw I'll take those coils.