Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Cab Mount Chopped, Not Boxed?

Old 05-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
I have a spectacular aura
Bryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud of

Bryan139's Tacoma Gallery
Cab Mount Chopped, Not Boxed?

I'm doing my homework on 285's. I'm not afraid of the cab mount chop like some guys understandably are, my problem would be I don't weld. I don't have the equipment and even if I borrowed it I wouldn't know what to do with it. From what I've been reading, there are guys out there that did the chop and never welded a plate. I think I saw ColtsTRD was one? Somebody with ATO in thier sig was another? I can contemplate pro's and con's all day long, I want to hear actuals. Has anybody actually had a problem because they didn't box it back up after the chop? I read where one shop was telling a guy he'd shred a tire if he turned at high speeds, has that actually happened? I figure the point of the chop is to not hit it anymore, if you're shredding tires you didn't chop enough.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
I would cap it. Can't be that hard to find a buddy, or run down to a shop somewhere and have them weld it up for you.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
I would cap it. Can't be that hard to find a buddy, or run down to a shop somewhere and have them weld it up for you.

X2 I would box it in
Old 05-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
mines not boxed in on my 4runner.. but i barely rubbed it. but now i dont at all even offroad