Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

LR UCA SETTINGS HELP!!!

Old 05-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
USARMYAV11 is on a distinguished road
Army:
USARMYAV11's Tacoma Gallery
LR UCA SETTINGS HELP!!!

I just lifted my 2011 DCSB Sport and installed LR UCA. I went today to get my new 18" XD Monster wheels with 285 65 18 all terrains put on. When fitting the wheel they noticed it wont work due to the UCA settings. The wheel was below the UCA. What position does the adjustable ball joint need to be in in order for the wheels to fit? All the way positive?
Old 05-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The UCA is in the neutral position with the SPC logo facing out .
Old 05-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
Army:
Im talking about this nut. It is installed correctly. That nut can be adjusted to move closer to the truck or further from the truck

Old 05-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USARMYAV11 View Post
Im talking about this nut. It is installed correctly. That nut can be adjusted to move closer to the truck or further from the truck

That's the camber adjustment .
Old 05-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
Army:
Yes thats what I am talking about. I have the caster in the neutral position. When they put the wheels on to test fit the inner lip was under the UCA. Should I push the camber all the way from the truck?
Old 05-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes thats what I am talking about. I have the caster in the neutral position. When they put the wheels on to test fit the inner lip was under the UCA. Should I push the camber all the way from the truck?
OZ is right, the SPC needs to face out. Did you look at the instructions?
Old 05-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #8

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
OZ is right, the SPC needs to face out. Did you look at the instructions?
He's wondering about the camber nut .
Old 05-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #9
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
He's wondering about the camber nut .
The camber nut sets the amount of Caster added. With the "SPC" out, thats the only way it can go. If the wheels are hitting, then the OP has the wrong back space on the wheel.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The camber nut sets the amount of Caster added. With the "SPC" out, thats the only way it can go. If the wheels are hitting, then the OP has the wrong back space on the wheel.
The camber nut can be adjusted toward the wheel or away from the wheel .

The caster is adjusted in the ball joint setting , no ?
Old 05-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #11
Army:
The "SPC" is facing out.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

#12 Camber adjustment , click on the picture , you can enlarge it .
Old 05-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #13

Quote:

#12 Camber adjustment , click on the picture , you can enlarge it .
Ah! I didnt realize that!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #14
Army:
I have the instructions I will double check with the tire store tomorrow about the back spacing.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ah! I didnt realize that!
So , I guess the question is , what is the initial camber setting the OP should try to get in order to fit his wheels ?
Old 05-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #16

Quote:
So , I guess the question is , what is the initial camber setting the OP should try to get in order to fit his wheels ?
Camber setting needs to be at 0*. If the OP is that close, the back space on the wheels is wrong.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #17
Army:
Quote:
Ahh yes! That is the question
Old 05-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #18
Army:
Is going for a -.5 camber to a +.2 camber a big difference?
Old 05-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Is going for a -.5 camber to a +.2 camber a big difference?
Not really. .2* is acceptable
Old 05-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #20
Army:
Ok I will go to the tire store tomorrow to see what is going on. Thanks for the help.