Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

coil with access cab?

Old 05-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
getpsycho is on a distinguished road
getpsycho's Tacoma Gallery
coil with access cab?

Hi

I have a quick question. I know the answer is probably somewhere but...my english suck!

I want to buy a OME kit and the guy of ARB canada say i have to go with 885. Correct me if i'm wrong but i think 884 is the coil for access cab and 885 for a double cab?

Thank you
Old 05-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
willimatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by getpsycho View Post
Hi

I have a quick question. I know the answer is probably somewhere but...my english suck!

I want to buy a OME kit and the guy of ARB canada say i have to go with 885. Correct me if i'm wrong but i think 884 is the coil for access cab and 885 for a double cab?

Thank you
You can go with either, 885 will give you a bit more lift.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
886x with wench and bumper
Old 05-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
"Really, how hard can it be?" Jeremy Clarkson
elwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Neal
elwood's Tacoma Gallery
All the OME coils are the same spring rate just different lengths. 885 is 10 mm longer than an 884. 884 is 10 mm longer than an 883.
This is my double cab with 884's in it.
Cheers
Old 05-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OP , are you planning on adding an aftermarket steel bumper and winch ?
Old 05-13-2011, 05:19 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
OP , are you planning on adding an aftermarket steel bumper and winch ?

probably but not this year! So should i go with 885?
Old 05-13-2011, 05:38 AM   #7
elwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

elwood's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=PSU Taco85;3167948]Errrr, the 884s and 885s have the same spring rate but the 885 is 10mm longer. The 886 has a higher spring rate and length than the 884 and 885.

http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/tec...tml[/QUOTE]

Thanks PSU , I was not as familiar with the 886 as it wasn't gonna be an option for me. I thought the OP was only looking at the two coils as options for his access cab.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #8

elwood's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
No problem man, just making sure everyone's got the right info!
Is that chart still valid with the new coils and the new testing? coils with the X in the part number now. Noticed at the bottom the chart was 2006 referenced.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood View Post
Is that chart still valid with the new coils and the new testing? coils with the X in the part number now. Noticed at the bottom the chart was 2006 referenced.
The " x " designation is referring to the new coils , I believe they changed the way they are made to limit sagging over time .

All of the other parameters are unchanged .
Old 05-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #10

elwood's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you
Old 05-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
probably but not this year! So should i go with 885?
The 886's are designed for the added weight of an aftermarket steel bumper and winch , however it will be a rough ride until you add the weight .
Old 05-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #12
I just hesitate between 885 or 884. I also go with dakar leaf pack for the rear and i don't want to have the front higher then the rear. I also go with LR uca so wich coil is the better choice?
Old 05-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just hesitate between 885 or 884. I also go with dakar leaf pack for the rear and i don't want to have the front higher then the rear. I also go with LR uca so wich coil is the better choice?
I got the 885's and Dakars on my Doublecab Longbox Sport , and I got 2 3/4" lift front and rear .

You should get the 885's especially if you are considering a winch at a later date .
Old 05-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #14
JGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud of
JGJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The 886's are designed for the added weight of an aftermarket steel bumper and winch , however it will be a rough ride until you add the weight .
With a Dble Cab will the 886 coils (no top plate spacer) give too much angle on the CV if you keep your stock bumper?

Just thinking/wondering if you could install the 886 coils now just in case you decide to add the heavy equipment later (and not go through another front suspension install).

Thanks
Old 05-29-2011, 06:03 PM   #15
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Even the 885s are considerably stiffer than the factory springs. I'd be very reluctant to go to 886 without a bumper and winch already mounted.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #16
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
i am curious as to how much lift the 886 coils get ?, i am running toytecs, i just installed CBI moab bumper and a warn m8000 winch... the toytecs are holding up so far, so my question is if i need to go OME 886 what shock do i get.... main question how much lift am i going to get ?