1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for a lift but now more lost then before

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Bogg, May 12, 2011.

1. May 12, 2011 at 6:36 PM
    Bogg

Bogg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Surrey, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4x4
    I have an 07 TRD DC LB 4x4 Sport. I believe my truck has the rear TSB in it. I was going to have 5100 Billies on all 4 corners with the front set at 2.5" and a 1" AAL in the rear. After calling several shops and reading more posts on here sounds like this could be a bad set up. Too rough/stiff? Most shops say to leave the AAL. Can anyone suggest a good setup that will lift/level off my truck without making a super stiff ride? Will setting the Billies at 2.5" require a diff drop? Carrier bearing drop? New UCA's? Am new to this and any help/suggestions would be much appreciated. I know there are 1000 of threads dealing with this question but I can't read them all. Thanks.

2. May 13, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    wolfdog2314

wolfdog2314 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    Eibach coils. 5100's all around. AAL. WickedFlow
    How much do you want to spend? What will you use the truck. For?

A good set of coilovers set to 2.5 will give you a nice ride up front. Check icon, toytec, fox... There's a bunch.

If you go the 5100 route at 2.5 you will stiffen up. Spacers will also give you a harsh ride up front.

Search OME (old man emu) suspension. And eibach springs. Those are both very popular here.

Folks here say you won't need a diff drop for 2.5 inches of lift. And also that the diff drop doesn't do much anyway.

Carrier bearing and shims are needed to correct driveline angle after lifting the back with AAL or blocks. If u just stay with the tsb springs u have and don't have vibrations, no worries. If u add more rear lift, do it, and see if u develope vibrations. Then see if shims or carrier bearing drops fixes it.

At 2.5 inches of lift you should still be okay without new uCas. (I am). Your alignment won't be ideal, but it will be close. Lift it, get your alignment, see how it drives.

Keep searching and researching. It's Tough to learn it all in the beginning!

What size tires r u planning to run?

3. May 14, 2011 at 7:25 PM
    Bogg

Bogg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Surrey, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Hey Wolfdog...thanks for responding to my question. As for how much do I want to spend, rather spend a little more and get something that will last. Not to mention something that won't ruin the ride quality of my truck as it is my daily driver as well. Intent of the truck is mainly for work purposes. Some light hauling and towing, carrying bikes in the bike with some occasional light offroading and playing in the mud. I by no means need heavily built up offroad vehicle. As for size tires planning on running 32" or 33" at the very most. Again this truck is also my daily driver and gas up here is expensive!! Guess just want to make the truck have a more rugged look and also be able to still drive it everyday on pavement and on trails.

Products Discussed in

To Top