Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

looking for a little guidance....

Old 05-13-2011, 03:57 AM   #1
rampking is on a distinguished road
rampking's Tacoma Gallery
looking for a little guidance....

Hey guys,

Been lurking around here for a long time reading a lot. Now its time to ask for help.

I am looking to put a lift on the 09 DC LB sport...was thinking along the lines of the bilestines 5100's or the OME 885's up front.

I am worried about the drive line vibe and I also don't want to sacrfice my ride quality but I also want a cheaper setup like this. Can someone give me feedback on which setup is getting good reviews and give me a breakdown of what needs to be ordered and from where....I am 90% on the pavement with the odd excursion on a offroad trail.....Thanks for the help. I know this topic has been beaten to death.

Rampking
Old 05-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I'm making an educated guess that the DCLBs are less susceptible to driveline vibes since they have a longer driveline... i would think. Just put some 3* shims on the rear when you lift it, can't hurt anything.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I installed the full OME kit on my truck , no vibes

Old 05-15-2011, 03:21 AM   #4
rampking is on a distinguished road
rampking's Tacoma Gallery
OX-T ,

O.K. thats the exact same truck as mine, how much if you don't mind me asking is the full OME kit ou have installed? and also do you have a link that list all the parts included?

How does the ride feel? I am concerned about ride quality as the roads here have a crap load of pot holes and hey can shake the crap out of you, I wouldn't want it to get any worse.

I really apreciate the help.

Thanks everyone
Old 05-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampking View Post
OX-T ,

O.K. thats the exact same truck as mine, how much if you don't mind me asking is the full OME kit ou have installed? and also do you have a link that list all the parts included?

How does the ride feel? I am concerned about ride quality as the roads here have a crap load of pot holes and hey can shake the crap out of you, I wouldn't want it to get any worse.

I really apreciate the help.

Thanks everyone
OX-T , Lol

Here is a link to the Toytec pricing for this OME kit

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

You may find a better price elsewhere , but that will give you an idea what you are up against .

You should also get some aftermarket UCA's to make sure you can get a proper alignment after lifting , I chose the LR UCA's

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

If you do not plan on adding an aftermarket steel front bumper and winch , I suggest the 885's for your DCLB , if you are going to add a bumper / winch , go with the 886 coils .

If you do not haul weight in the bed or plan on adding a cap , you would be fine with the AAL option rather than the full OME Dakar leaf pack , which hauls well but is a stiff rear ride when the bed is empty .

I was fortunate to not get the vibes that many have experienced , but I really think that part is a bit of a crap shoot , going with the OME lift will not garauntee you no vibes .

One thing I would strongly suggest if you do go with the Dakars is to add a centre pin collar extension before you install the leaf pack , this will allow you the option of adding axle shims later if you need to use them to correct a driveline vibe .

The centre pin that comes with the Dakars doesn't provide enough length to add shims and have the pin well seated in the axle spring perch .

Good thread on that here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2839336