Notices

OME AAL question

Old 05-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
thedude is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Lucas
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
OME AAL question

I have a 2010 TRD Tacoma without the TSB AAL done. I'm getting the OME kit with an AAL so should I bother with the TSB? Thanks
Old 05-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You can get a 2" AAL
Old 05-13-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
get the 2 the 1.5 sucks if you put any weight in the bed
Old 05-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I'd still get the TSB if you need it. I've got a TSB pack with an AAL in it, much much better than the way it came from the factory.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'd still get the TSB if you need it. I've got a TSB pack with an AAL in it, much much better than the way it came from the factory.
Yeah I would if I wasn't already getting an AAL through the lift kit. Don't want the hassle of messing with the dealership if I don't need to.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #6
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
Yeah I would if I wasn't already getting an AAL through the lift kit. Don't want the hassle of messing with the dealership if I don't need to.
You probably don't NEED it, but if you think you need it now, before you install your lift, then all you're doing by putting the OME AAL in is making that single leaf pick up the slack from your stock leaf pack. If you plan on spending a lot of time hauling or towing I'd get the TSB, then throw the 1.5" AAL along with it.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If youre not having any bottoming out issues, then you dont need the TSB.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #8

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Much simplier way of stating it
Old 05-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
X3. Just install the 2" AAL that comes with the kit and call it good. I also have a 2" AAL and no problems at all.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #10
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks fella's. I have no bottom out issues but I haven't towed. The heaviest thing I will probably ever tow is a trailer with a 4 wheeler on it.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
Thanks fella's. I have no bottom out issues but I haven't towed. The heaviest thing I will probably ever tow is a trailer with a 4 wheeler on it.
Yeah you will be fine then.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #12
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Op......you are getting dakar leafs with d29xl aal ?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #13
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not getting Dakar, just the Toytec AAL.