Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2wd lift?? ik it sounds retarded but look.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
thmpsntrv91 is on a distinguished road
Name: trevor
thmpsntrv91's Tacoma Gallery
2wd lift?? ik it sounds retarded but look.

i have a 2wd and i dont have a lot of clearance. i have no problem getting around but it would be easier if i had some more clearance. so i 4inch body lift. would give me some space to fit bigger tires and get some more clearance right? how much would you think it costs?
Old 05-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
DO NOT do a 4" body lift or any type of body lift, a 3" suspension lift should work well
Old 05-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
DO NOT do a 4" body lift or any type of body lift, a 3" suspension lift should work well
x2
Old 05-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJosh View Post
ik it isn't retarded. lot's of people do it, not me though.

i just wouldn't do a body lift.
Oh yeah that to, nothing wrong with a modest lift
on a 2wd
Old 05-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #7
Wait, whats the 2.5 inch lift you have on now?
Old 05-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
Use the search function, my friend.
Ok mr. TTORA
Old 05-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #9
If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Bfoster133's Tacoma Gallery
NOT a body lift
Old 05-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #10
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't know they made 4" BLs. But if you were to get one it would probably be around $150-$200. While BLs aren't terrible, a suspension lift would be much better in a lot of ways and you would be able to get more clearance overall.

EDIT: I just saw that you already have 2.5 inch lift. Is that a suspension lift? If this is the case, you of course can't stack on another suspension lift so a BL might be the way to go if your on a low budget...
Old 05-14-2011, 05:15 PM   #12
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
Spindles brah
Old 05-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #13
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post
Spindles brah
No one makes lift spindles for 1st gens brah
Old 05-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #14
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
^ your wrong brah.

http://solomotorsports.com/
Old 05-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #15
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
^ your wrong brah.

http://solomotorsports.com/
Brah don't those only work on the LT kit brah?

Plus the OP has a 91 and those fit 96-04. Perhaps my "first-gen" term was an over generalization.........brah
Old 05-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #16
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
brahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh's
Old 05-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #17
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
brahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh's

Settle down there brah
Old 05-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #18
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Brah don't those only work on the LT kit brah?

Plus the OP has a 91 and those fit 96-04. Perhaps my "first-gen" term was an over generalization.........brah
they work without having LT, you just need aftermarket UCAs.

And I didnt realize the OP had a 91, brehhhhhhhhhhh
Old 05-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #19
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
they work without having LT, you just need aftermarket UCAs.

And I didnt realize the OP had a 91, brehhhhhhhhhhh
Thank you for setting me straight briiiiiiiiiiiahhhhhhhski
Old 05-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #20
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
<br />see more Memebase and check out our Troll Face lols!