Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

After first offroad trip......Im convinced I want a lift now

Old 05-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
After first offroad trip......Im convinced I want a lift now

I didnt want a lift kit or raise the truck at all for a few reasons.
1. I dont want to mess with the alignment, I hear people complain about it a lot
2. I dont want to mess with the new truck TOO much
3. Im green to lifting and dont want to make a mistake
4. I want a stock feeling suspension still (not too rough)
-
But after today with a pretty serious dent in the stock skid plate, and realizing there is a surprisingly low amount of clearance, Im going to start planing the lift kit.
I asked a guy I know, and he seems to know a lot about lifting. He says the best bang for buck and still have decent components is to get the 5100's up front, and the 5th AAL in the rear.
My question is, does anyone think this will be what Im looking for with regards to my bitching list? Any input would be great. Im completely nooby for suspension on trucks. Just reading as much as possible now
Old 05-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
You'r on the right track. Do the research, decide what you want to spend and do it right the first time.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
OME complete.

OYFY!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
OYFY?
Oh Yes Fuck Yourself
Old 05-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #8
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
lifting the rear wont gain ground clearance.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #9
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
lifting the rear wont gain ground clearance.
Didnt think so, but the rear is fine. Mine is a little tilted towards the front though because of the 4th AAL stock right? Rear honestly looks lifted right now
Old 05-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #10
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
price? anything else I need with it?
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

You don't have to get it there , but that will give you an idea .

Think about some LR UCA's as well .
Old 05-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

You don't have to get it there , but that will give you an idea .

Think about some LR UCA's as well .
Oh I know I will be getting the UCA's on any lift. Just the right thing to do for the truck, and you always have room to grow.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can anyone give me a link on the Diff drop? Didnt hear about this before
Use that Toytec link I sent you and go to the main page , eveything is there
Old 05-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #15
Country is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lance Criminal, STA Plt.
Name: Country
Country's Tacoma Gallery
Forget OME lifts, go all the way cuz 90% of guys who really wheel there rigs start with 3in lifts or less and wish they had gone bigger. I got a 6in procomp with Allpro Baja leaf packs 5150 bilstein's in the rear and Icon CO's in the front. My tires sit just a tad bit higher than 33in and I have never had a problem when it comes to wheeling. But stay away from mud, taco's hate that shit. best of luck to you
Old 05-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country View Post
Forget OME lifts, go all the way cuz 90% of guys who really wheel there rigs start with 3in lifts or less and wish they had gone bigger. I got a 6in procomp with Allpro Baja leaf packs 5150 bilstein's in the rear and Icon CO's in the front. My tires sit just a tad bit higher than 33in and I have never had a problem when it comes to wheeling. But stay away from mud, taco's hate that shit. best of luck to you
Did you bother reading the OP ?
Old 05-16-2011, 04:05 AM   #17

I dont really do serious wheeling, but I like going in the woods once and a while, and here a lot of fishing spots are buried in the woods. Im thinking the 5100's, but I'm probably gonna ad UCA to go with them, and go from there
Old 05-16-2011, 07:19 AM   #18
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
People with dropbracket lifts have no more ground clearance than those with a 3" lift. A procomp lift is more for looks than offroading. You can do the same if not more with a 3" than most could do with a 6" lift. You gain no increased wheel travel, the only added benefit to the drop bracket lift is that your frame is an extra 3" higher than someone with a 3" lift.

Not knocking the procomp lift kit, just trying to state the facts

To the OP - you will be more than happy with the Billies and an AAL or a full OME kit, they are both excellent choices.

x2
Old 05-16-2011, 07:23 AM   #19
GWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the rough
Name: justin
GWL's Tacoma Gallery
OP- if you end up getting anything from the toytec website you can get it through silverwood toyota to save a ton on shipping. I ordered a toytec ULK and new UCA's for my 4runner from them and the customer service was excellent