1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

conflicting uca reports??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BuzzardsGottaEat, May 16, 2011.

1. May 16, 2011 at 7:42 AM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    Lookin at an OME set up. All set to buy, just waiting on funds to solidify. Issue is, I've searched like mad every possible option/opinion and set up on here and obviously everyone recommends uca's such as LR UCAs with the OME set up. No problem, until i contacted a vendor to buy and he said you don't "need" em... i told him yes i know but i want them, i like certainty with alignment etc.. he proceeded to tell me the OME kit i was looking at for 2.5" is set up to run with stock parts and after market UCAs could cause adverse effects... WTF? ha is this guy a little misinformed? Or can anyone clarify why im running into conflicting information? Thanks

2. May 16, 2011 at 7:50 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    No adverse effects .

He doesn't know what he is talking about .

There are only benefits with the LR UCA's , no downside .

3. May 16, 2011 at 8:01 AM
    singlefin

singlefin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hood River, OR
    Vehicle:
    Syncro
    It will help you get your caster angle correct. Can't really comment on not using 'em cause I get them from the start. A lot of guys with OME or Bilstien use aftermarket UCA, get 'em if you can. There is a group buy going for the Total Chaos UCA's.

Read this.

4. May 16, 2011 at 9:46 AM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    Thanks guys! I was talking to that vendor cuz it was less expensive than the same kit on toytec website but im thinking im going to spend the extra bucks just because toytec has been straight forward with me... I've asked the other guy a few times if it comes with the 90000s or the old shocks and im not sure if he missed the questions or is floating around them.. hmmm..

Products Discussed in

To Top