1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally Decided which lift to go with!!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 2006TRDSPORT, May 16, 2011.

1. May 16, 2011 at 10:22 PM
    2006TRDSPORT

2006TRDSPORT [OP] 2006TRDSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Felton, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2004 4Runner SR5 4WD
    After reading like a 1000 threads on good & bad with certain lifts, I have decided I want to get the OME complete lift kit including the new Dakar leafs. I feel this will best suit my needs for the look, load carrying needs, and ride that I want at a reasonably packaged price. From what I've read, I feel that OME is a great brand, and Wheelers is a great place to purchase it from. Now I just have to get back from Korea to get started, lol. Can't WAIT!!!

2. May 17, 2011 at 1:00 AM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    right on man, great choice> and thanks for serving. if the ome's coil overs came preassembled i would have gotten them instead of toytec < but i am very pleased with my toytec lift.

3. May 17, 2011 at 1:05 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    you can get them pre assembled :laugh:

4. May 17, 2011 at 1:39 AM
    2006TRDSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Felton, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2004 4Runner SR5 4WD
    Exactly, and that's most likely what I'm gonna do. I have heard nothing but great things on here about OME and how great the ride is, and I want to do it right the first time and be done with it. If I feel it's necessary, I will add aftermarket UCA's at a later time. I know it's good to have, but numerous ppl on here have said it's not required so I will determine once I drive it to see for myself. Thanks!

5. May 18, 2011 at 9:47 PM
    tacotrinity

tacotrinity Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Bremerton
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    Toytech ultimate lift, ome Dakar leafs, rigid reverse lights on custom light bar, spidertrax
    I just pulled the trigger myself. I opted to go with the toytech ultimate but just did it all, the dakar backs and LR UCA's. I want to just do it once and do it right like you said. I feel it has been a battle between the OME and Toytech and after reading everything i can it came down to I cant stand yellow. Sorry to make such a technical choice but there it is!

6. May 18, 2011 at 9:50 PM
    tommelleo22

tommelleo22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Castle, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport off road
    Yellow Fogs kicker cvr 10's alpine ivaw205 head unit, leveling kit
    06 can you get a full 3inches out of just the ome? i'm in a lift predicament too. thinking billy 5100's all the way around with ome coils and rear AAL.

7. May 19, 2011 at 3:23 AM
    2006TRDSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Felton, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2004 4Runner SR5 4WD
    I'm not bothered by the yellow, have read many posts saying how great the ride is with the OME's and due to the fact my rear factory springs suck when towing, I decided to go ahead and get the Dakar Springs instead of the cheaper AAL option. I also was sold on getting the lift from the OME 885 springs as opposed to the 5100 maxed out to 2.5 giving me a stiffer ride. I just think the OME package was the best route because it should all work together just right I think. I do want to get the LR UCA's as well, might have to save for a bit though, they are expensive on top of the lift itself. I do believe that you get a full 3" out of the OME springs, but I have heard that it varies from truck to truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top